1931 Buick model 8-57

phil33

Recently I started my own "Buick rescue society". It consists of me and one 1931 model 8-57. The car had been torn into by a hot rodder with plans to put a small block V8 in it. He got as far as pulling off the front sheet metal, torching out a cross member and brake pivot bar, welding in a new engine mount and losing various small original parts. The seats are there, but the rest of the interior is gone.

Perhaps seeing the error of his ways, he stopped and put the car up for sale. 

When I went to see it I found the original engine laying in the dirt. There were boxes and boxes of parts covered in leaves, so many, in fact, that I believed all the parts were there. Unfortunately that was not true, which is why I am writing this. The following is a list of what I know is missing. There will probably be additions to it, but for now I ask for help in finding the following:

Roll up windshield and/or the frames to use on new glass

wiper motor

engine water pump

right rear (bell housing) engine mount

mid section cross member

Brake system cross bar (fulcrum?)

the two support bars that go from the top of radiator to the firewall

steering wheel center controls

The society would appreciate any and all leads that would help in the restoration of this worthy vehicle. 

FWIW . . . Bob's Automobilia sells stainless repro steering-wheel-center controls (quite nicely finished) for '29 and '30 Buicks, which used three levers.  Perhaps one or two of these could be adapted into the similar-appearing two-lever layout used in the '31s -- ??