I had a small mishap in the garage today that broke the rear window on my '25 touring.  It measured 20" long x 8 & 1/4 tall with 1.5 inch radius corners.  It also has a bevel going all of the way around.  I know it's a long shot but I thought I would check to see if anyone has a spare...

Mike, My 1960's "restored" top had a plastic widow installed! (now yellowed a bit), not worth changing since my top is a patchwork of non-original fabric also but it'll have to do for now.

I could do plexiglass or polycarbonate and then easily cut it myself.  It's just too pricey to have a repro made with the bevel.  If I can find 5/32 sheet glass, I may try cutting the glass myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, a suggestion might be to make contact with an an antique furniture dealer/restorer. They often must replace glass in cabinets and these often have beveled edges as well. Maybe someone can point you to a supplier in your area.

That is a great idea Franklinman. I was also thinking of the stained glass folks, where do they get their panels, since many stained glass designs have clear beveled panels surrounding them. I've also seen clear beveled glass rectangular panels about the same size as that window in front doors in inexpensive cabinets in places like Walmart, target, etc...

I did find a few places on-line that offered beveled edge options but those sites were geared towards table tops with min dimensions much larger than I need.  The other thing is thickness; the full thickness of the one I broke was 5/32", which is not a common thickness.  I'm sure it boils down to that it could be done but will be quite expensive.  If I go with 3/16, no bevel, regular glass, I have a local quote for $66 including the radiused corners.  But I will check the antique furniture idea.  Thanks Franklin.

Edited by MikeC5 (see edit history)

Mike, Before you give up on having a correct/authentic glass made, let me check around a bit. We have a lot of antique dealers/restorers here in my area so maybe I can come up with something. Where are you located? If you are contemplating spending $60 plus for an incorrect part then maybe spend a bit more for a correct part makes more sense.

Hi Franklin, I'm located in south east, CT.  I appreciate you checking.  Here is a sketch of the glass.  It's hard to get an accurate measure on the bevel angle but it tapers down to around 0.075" at the edge.

Dodge rear glass w-bevel.jpg

Hi Mike, Got a few minutes for some phone time on Friday afternoon. Seems a lot of shops were closed but a few said they would have their relevant worker call me back this week after the holiday. Two places seemed to understand what I was looking for right off the bat and felt they would be able to help us out. I will let you know once I hear back from them next week.

• 2 weeks later...