1970 Riviera thermostat and cap question

70rivme

As I am working with the cooling system on my Riv I have run into a couple of things that I may not be clear on. The man that built my engine put a 160 thermostat in, is this typical? The 455 is now slightly beefed up but nothing outrageous. And secondly, I have been running the radiator cap that was on the car when I bought it. It had an aftermarket 3 core radiator and a 7lb cap. I have since installed the original recored 3 core radiator and now I am curious as to what cap pressure is correct for this car? Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

Just got the car started back up for the first time in almost 2 years. Picked up a 16lb cap today and decided to leave the thermostat alone. It's not a daily driver, just gonna be a weekend toy. Getting excited to drive this thing again after I find a competent exhaust shop!

6 minutes ago, 70rivme said:

Just got the car started back up for the first time in almost 2 years. Picked up a 16lb cap today and decided to leave the thermostat alone. It's not a daily driver, just gonna be a weekend toy. Getting excited to drive this thing again after I find a competent exhaust shop!

Have some fun. Run straight pipes for a while. 😁