89 Reatta brake proportioning valve - replacement help

Scalpel

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I searched before posting but was not able to find an answer. 

My sister has an 89 Reatta that sprung a leak in the brake lines when she pulled it out of storage this spring. She’s had some of the rear lines replaced but the shop said the proportioning valve is corroded and leaking. The part number has been discontinued and I have not been able to find a replacement. (25525844).   

Does anyone have advice on a suitable replacement?  Will the adjustable ones from Jegs or Wilwood work in its place?

Thanks,

John

I do not know if there is an aftermarket part that might be suitable, but in the past, no one has found such. I can tell you I have done three of these rear line replacements, an just finishing one right now, but I have never had one of those valves leak. They do look terrible, and a lunatic placed them in a very vulnerable location, but once the valve is removed, chip all the loose crust off the outside, clamp it in a vise, apply your favorite rust penetrant and work the fittings in and out to remove, usually with a small pipe wrench. Don’t try to save the lines. The inside will be pristine and can be reused. I always relocate it but that is totally optional 

I may have found one for a 1988. The part number on gm’s site is different than the 89 part.

Any chance the few you have done have been within these model years? Im hoping it’s possible the same valve was used on both.

Go to the top of this Reatta forum and find the topic "Reatta Resources & Quick Reference Guide" where you'll find Reatta vendors that might have what you're looking for.