1926 Stutz Vertical 8 Series AA

Guest horstniedt

Guest imported_horstniedt

Good evening friends in the native country of beautiful Stutz cars,

I here in Germany own a STUTZ Vertical 8 Series AA "BROUGHAM" built in 1926. For the restoration of the engine i need new timing chains.Is there somebody who knows whether and where in the states or anywhere else such chains are available? I would be very thankful for a fast and hopefully positive answer.

Whith best wishes

Horst Niedt

Guest imported_horstniedt

Thank you very much Rick for that hint. I will try next week to consult the EGGE people and then report about the result

• 8 years later...
Guest Axen598

My father passed away and with in his estate I found a book.

STUTZ 8 Series AA Information Book.

Issued Feb. 1926 the price was 50 cents.

The book is in fair shape. Looks like it was not used too much.

I'm sure it has spent many years packed away. I would like to see it go to someone who will appreciate it.

What do you think it is worth.

Guest Axen598
In very nice condition I would say 75 to 100.00. I fair condition one less.

Thank you for the reply.

Now, Who might be interested in this book and where would I go to find them.

Guest Bob Call

Axen,

Why don't you make a good will guester to another old car owner and offer it to Horst for free? We don't have to make a buck on everything in life.

• 2 weeks later...
Good evening friends in the native country of beautiful Stutz cars,

I here in Germany own a STUTZ Vertical 8 Series AA "BROUGHAM" built in 1926. For the restoration of the engine i need new timing chains.Is there somebody who knows whether and where in the states or anywhere else such chains are available? I would be very thankful for a fast and hopefully positive answer.

Whith best wishes

Horst Niedt

Ernie Toth jnr of Cleveland was either rebuilding old chains or able to supply new ones a few years ago, certainly 1980. I would be surprised if Paul Freehill did not have a solution to this need; but you would have to ask Anne now.

It is probably in your interest to join the Stutz Club. Founder and still newsletter editor is Bill Greer, 7400 Lantern Rd Indianapolis. He is always anxious to hear from and help new owners.

Guest prs519

Bob,

Please send me some money as a good will gesture. Must we profit from everything in life?

Please PM me for address and details! I have loved old cars for as long as I remember, and if you send money, I will see that it goes to one of my projects.

Thanks,

Perry in Idaho