1927 Hudson Super Six - $13,000 - Pittsburg/Exeter, NH - Not Mine

1927 Hudson Super Six - $13,000 - Pittsburg/Exeter, NH

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/pittsburg-1927-hudson/7177499269.html

1927 Hudson Super Six. Interior is in Excellent condition. Body is in Excellent condition. Drives and rides great. All original except the carburetor. Very elegant.
$13,000 Firm  Call Ken with more questions

Copy and paste in your email:   65cda042ebbb36cbb1579fe9a448def4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1927 Hudson Super Six.

'27 Hudson Super Six silver NH a.jpg

'27 Hudson Super Six silver NH b.jpg

'27 Hudson Super Six silver NH c.jpg

'27 Hudson Super Six silver NH d.jpg

'27 Hudson Super Six silver NH e.jpg

'27 Hudson Super Six silver NH f.jpg

'27 Hudson Super Six silver NH g.jpg

'27 Hudson Super Six silver NH h.jpg

'27 Hudson Super Six silver NH i.jpg

'27 Hudson Super Six silver NH j.jpg

'27 Hudson Super Six silver NH k.jpg

9 hours ago, C Carl said:

"Original" ???     -     CC 

No, far from it.  One of those 'here's how we think 1920's cars were painted and trimmed, like everyone lived in a movie".  A good repaint is in order, maybe one could live with the interior for a while.  The varnished wood door structures are something the factory would never have done!

• Like 1

Language is a funny thing. Communication IS the most important aspect and reason for language. Sociological historians generally agree that language, not the wheel, nor even farming, was the most important invention by mankind. Language, words, MUST mean something! However, while language needs to be stable, it must also be flexible. Needs, and meanings for words do have to change. Ah, therein lies the rub!

For many, especially in this hobby, "original" means "unrestored", essentially as it was when it was new. Unfortunately, for many others (especially on outer fringes of the antique automobile hobby), "original" means "like it was when it was new", or more precisely "it hasn't been completely butchered and hotrodded yet". It has become quite clear that some people really stretch the "original" idea. 

I will resist saying too much about this car. Although I will say that the big Hudsons of those years are wonderful cars, and very nice to tour with. I have ridden in one, and followed several on nickel era tours. And , with so much the way it is, one must wonder what else wasn't done right?

• Like 1