Car crash with a $3 million supercar Bugatti Chiron both drivers are driving like James Bond

Mark Gregory

The $3MILLION supercar smash: Bugatti Chiron and Porsche 911 crash as BOTH drivers try to overtake slow-moving motorhome at same time on Swiss Alps road

• The Chiron and the Porsche collided before the Porsche hit the Mercedes-Benz
  • Then the Bugatti hit the motorhome and the Porsche sustained the most damage
  • No one lost their lives but the Mercedes driver was rushed to hospital for injuries

The Bugatti Chiron (pictured) busted its grille, front bumper and hood. A brand new Chiron is worth $3million brand new

The Bugatti Chiron (pictured) busted its grille, front bumper and hood. A brand new Chiron is worth $3million brand new

The Porsche sustained the most damage in the accident and the Mercedes driver was rushed to hospital but no one was killed

The Porsche sustained the most damage in the accident and the Mercedes driver was rushed to hospital but no one was killed

I am beginning to believe there's a certain segment of the population that intentionally destroys expensive cars simply to show how indifferent to money they are. It's flexing their money. There's instant internet notoriety and in some segments the street racing and crashes are celebrated, not derided as stupid.

This is just a theory, but for there to be so many videos of people smashing expensive cars (and I guarantee there's video of this incident that will surface on one of those street racing websites) there has to be something more than dumbassery involved. And believe me, I am not underestimating dumbassery's rather extraordinary abilities.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GregLaR said:

"A brand new Chiron is worth $3million brand new."

Community college journalism/redundance course.

In addition to the removal of the redundancy, no car is worth $3 million. At least no car is worth that for me. I’d copy edit that to:

“A brand new Chiron costs $3 million.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Overview 

For the most well-heeled among us, the average run-of-the-mill supercar may fall short of fulfilling our needs. If transportation with a six-figure price isn't exclusive enough for your tastes, there's the 2020 Bugatti Chiron. The Chiron costs almost $3 million, and it's about as exotic as hypercars get. With fluid curves and angrily squinting headlights, this coupe's exterior design communicates power and performance, and its standard 1500-hp engine endows it with acceleration capabilities worthy of a bullet train. The Chiron's cabin is deluxe, but storage space is minimal, and amenities such as driver-assistance technology and an infotainment screen are missing. While this Bugatti may not be the most accommodating choice for something as mundane as a daily commute, it excels as a head-turning lust object and all-around performance machine. 

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

I am beginning to believe there's a certain segment of the population that intentionally destroys expensive cars simply to show how indifferent to money they are.

42 years ago:

I have a mansion, forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice

I live in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants pay for it all

They say I'm crazy but I have a good time
I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime
Life's been good to me so far

My Maserati does 185
I lost my license, now I don't drive

Nuthin changes but the date.