2nd Gen (1970) lower radiator hose

Looking for a lower radiator hose for my Riv. All the parts store listings look to be just a 90° hose that is too short. Picked up a Dayco D70618 which says it is correct but not close. It turned out to be the short 90° one. The upper hose that I got from Dayco  is perfect. Any ideas or experience with the same thing?

Thanks all!

58 minutes ago, bob71GS said:

Sorry about that, thought I was in the lower hose section.  Dug into my old Delco & Gates catalog.  Delco 24062L  Gates 20919

Robert Bonto

Thanks Robert, appreciate it! 

15 hours ago, 70rivme said:

I'm finding most places by me do not stock any hoses and ordering them will put me a week and a half out minimum to get them. Bummer!

Put one of those universal hoses on it until your order comes through.

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Put one of those universal hoses on it until your order comes through.

I still have the original, so that is more than likely gonna be my fall back plan otherwise I like your idea!

4 minutes ago, RivNut said:

From whom did you finally find one to order?

I haven't put an order in yet but I'm leaning towards Rock Auto right now. I also found a NOS lower hose for a measly $165.00. probably just get the AC Delco one and save a couple bucks!

1 hour ago, 70rivme said:

I haven't put an order in yet but I'm leaning towards Rock Auto right now. I also found a NOS lower hose for a measly $165.00. probably just get the AC Delco one and save a couple bucks!

All that I've seen say "trim to fit." What have you found other wise?

All the ones that I found say trim to fit but I would have to see one to tell for sure. The car now has a lower hose on it that looks like someone trimmed it to fit many moons ago. It also had the spring in it so who knows, maybe replacements awhile back were trim to fit and came with springs.

• Like 1