1953 Hudson Wasp - $8,900 - Lockport, ILL - Not Mine

1953 Hudson Wasp - $8,900 - Lockport, ILL

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/d/lockport-1953-hudson-wasp/7176963082.html

1953 Hudson Wasp,  This car has a older restoration and was vary well kept.  I am selling for a friend and will describe as well as I can.  All stock and original, Run's perfect, stops perfect and all light's and accessories work great   Original 6cyl with 3Spd on the column that purr's like a kitten.  older paint job but look's great with a couple of small dent's Car has no rust, She's beautiful for an old girl.  All major chrome has been done and look's great, window's have new rubber seal's replaced also.  Interior is in great shape. Seat's, door panel's headliner no rips or hole's.  This is a turnkey car and drive home.  Won't last long for a car that all's you have to do is get in her and drive to the car show's and have fun.

Copy and paste in your email:   50cb8e390f5b34089837fcd599a69178@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1953 Hudson Wasp four door sedan.

'53 Hudson Wasp ILL a.jpg

'53 Hudson Wasp ILL b.jpg

'53 Hudson Wasp ILL c.jpg

'53 Hudson Wasp ILL d.jpg

'53 Hudson Wasp ILL e.jpg

'53 Hudson Wasp ILL f.jpg

'53 Hudson Wasp ILL g.jpg

'53 Hudson Wasp ILL h.jpg

'53 Hudson Wasp ILL i.jpg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Somebody needs to tell this guy that you don't need to use an apostrophe with every word that ends with an S. By the way, nice Hudson.... :wacko:

Ye's, I agree.  But dash in body color doesn't look right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Somebody needs to tell this guy that you don't need to use an apostrophe with every word that ends with an S. By the way, nice Hudson.... :wacko:

Well said!  He was probably daydreaming in

Reading class at a young age, and doodling 

car designs in English class later on.

I wonder about the correctness of the upholstery

material, and think that the dashboard should be

woodgrained.

• Like 1

Well, he gets an "F" for spelling, but we'll overlook it

because he likes old cars and is probably a fine man.

He may be ignorant in English, but I'm even more

ignorant when it comes to rebuilding a carburetor

or knowing how an automatic transmission operates!

We all have our individual strengths--and our capacity

to learn more.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I wonder about the correctness of the upholstery

material, and think that the dashboard should be

woodgrained.

I like the fact that the car is the uncommon Wasp model, which may account for the fact that the body color dashboard seems plain and out-of-place as compared to the more ritzy Hornet.  I do love the glitzy dashboards in the Hornets, but this plain-jane look is something I could get used to.  I'm gonna agree about the upholstery material seeming out of place in this car.  This is a very cool ride!

I don't care for the upholstery either but if the facts in the seller's ad are true about this being a rust-free 29K mile car it's reasonably priced. 1953 Wasps had the smaller 232 cu. in. six cylinder engine and this one looks like it has a 1952 grille and the wrong headlight bezels. I thought all pre-1954 stepdowns had silver painted rocker panels but I could be wrong. I also think the dash should be painted a solid flat tan or brown color as the Hudson simulated woodgraining was mostly gone by 1952-1953. Other than the upholstery these smaller flaws could be easily corrected and if all that's actually left to do is get in her and drive to car shows and have fun this is a good deal. You will have the only 1953 Hudson Wasp at the show.