1930 Reo Flying Cloud Coupe

NOT MINE

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/brantford/1930-reo-flying-cloud-rumble-seat-coupe/1516174936

Description

Just testing the market. This 1930 Reo Flying Cloud is a very solid unmolested car. Wooden Spoke wheels in mint condition, solid sheet metal, easily restored or would make an incredible resto-mod. Mustang II front suspension also available. Numerous photos available upon request. $17,500 or best offer

image.png.309b4e615d64cb7889e3e9df12dfb2b2.png

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

Yeah, right, Lee. Sure. That is just what we like to do to very solid unmolested cars with Wooden Spoke wheels in mint condition and solid sheet metal. You bet we do. Ruin really good unusual old cars and take and make incredible resto-mods out of them. Just can't wait to see it with that there Mustang ll front suspension under it. What A GREAT idea........................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes Carl I have been there with a 1927-24 Buick standard roadster several years back. 

DSCF4860.thumb.JPG.e1d9a2b262623cb23b7fdcc303ad03d1.JPGDSCF4862.thumb.JPG.8d54455849b2b41e65e9a69ec1057666.JPG

The psycology of the seller was to threaten me with the dropping in of a crate 350 to make it go at 80MPH unless I would save it from him at $12,000. I hope the final buyer has it sorted and is enjoying it now.

• Like 1

Maybe those fellows who think modification is such a great idea should spend some time surveying the number of such cars advertised all over on-line already modified that way, with big prices on them that are for sale forever without a taker.    That market is saturated very badly with way too many already.

• Like 3

I received some pictures today of the 1930 Reo Coupe and if no one buys it he will be working on it this winter.

He currently owns a 1926 Nash Hot Rod.

Quote below.

I currently run all the time my 1926 Nash Model 235 Coupe

Mustang II front, Ford 9” on rebuilt stock leaf springs, SBC 305, with 350 Turbo Trans…fun driver been everywhere with it.

He meant unmolested as in he hadn't molested it yet.  Stay tuned to see how he turns it into a cookie cutter resto mod that he thinks someone will pay 45 G for in red with a grey tweed interior.  Just like the 31 Chevy, 31 Pontiac, 31 Ford and many otehr 31 Coupes at the same show. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

My first running/driving car was a 1929 Reo Master coupe with rumble seat, that I actually drove to high school. It really was a great driving car. I eventually decided I preferred earlier cars and sold it. I sometimes wish I had kept it. 

I do hope this car gets well restored and enjoyed!

• Haha 1