Wide Whitewall Tires

old-tank

I have heard of Calli. The limitation was/is that they cannot make the whitewall go all the way to the bead. I just checked their site, and it is still true. Sounds like a good deal for people needing post-1961 style whitewalls on radial tires.

Diamondback can go all the way to the bead for the pre-1962 look.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2020 at 10:28 AM, Native said:

If you want real high quality bias ply white walls, let me know, I'm a Goodyear dealer.

Native,

Who makes your "GOODYEAR" bias-ply wide whitewall tires?

Not GoodYear?

Coker?

Are they warrantied by Goodyear?

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2020 at 2:23 PM, Native said:

Kelsey

Is KELSEY a distributor,

or do they actually manufacture the tires?

and if so, where?

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

In the realm of non-wide whitewall titres, as widths from the mid-60s, I came across some interestring things a few days ago.

I downloaded the Hankook Master Catalog for 2020.  Hankook nad previously had a few lines that had the .75" in wide (or so) whitewalls as a matter of course, even a few 14" sizes.  But they seemed to vanish when that model line was replaced by a newer-orientation product.  BUT, that apparently has changed!  There new Kinergy ST line now has some whitewalls in the mix, 15" sizes and their Optimo H724 line is full of whitewalls (with the narrower tread widths of the later 1960s tires to boot).

This fits one of my orientations of not having to spend $300.00/tire to shod a vehicle that gets used a good bit.  Plus current production items so tire age might not be an issue.  You might not find these particular tires at some of the online retailers, so using a local dealer might be necessary.   They also have a downloadable tech bulletin on tire age and their products. Be that as it may.

NOT advocating for the particular brand of tire, just an advisory that they have some "normal-width" whitewall products for those that might desire them.  The catalog's file is too large to download here.  

NTX5467

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, Bloo said:

I have heard of Calli. The limitation was/is that they cannot make the whitewall go all the way to the bead. I just checked their site, and it is still true. Sounds like a good deal for people needing post-1961 style whitewalls on radial tires.

Diamondback can go all the way to the bead for the pre-1962 look.

I called them and the gap would be 1/2 to 5/8 inches...don't think I could live with that.  Second disappointment; the first was when I found out that Diamondback does not make the Diamondback II (made on Toyo tires) anymore.  Just the Auburn line ($$$) and a Diamondback I made on Nexen tires (China) tires (sold at Walmart for around $60).  Tires i need are 225-75R15.