2021 Glidden Tour - 12-17 September 2021

Guest Mark McAlpine

Guest Mark McAlpine

Save the dates:  the VMCCA and 2020 (now 2021) Glidden Tour Chairperson Bill Preston have announced that this year's cancelled 75th Anniversary Revival AAA Glidden Tour® has been rescheduled to 12-17 September 2021 in Saratoga Springs, NY (the same beautiful location where this year's tour was going to be held).  More information will be provided as the details are locked down, but most, if not all, of the tour route is expected to be remain the same as this year's planned route.  Kudos to Bill for his efforts to reschedule the tour!

And, yes, we realize the arrival date for the 2021 Glidden Tour is the day after the Southeastern Fall Nationals in Greenville, SC (9-11 September 2021).  Unfortunately, it could not be avoided--that's when the preferred host hotel was available. 

More details will be posted here in the coming months as Tour Chairperson Bill Preston solidifies them.

• 2 weeks later...

Pat, thank you for the kind words.  I enjoyed working with you on  that meet for you, the club and for AACA.  I will say that being field marshal for the GNM at Sonnenberg in the early nineties was more interesting since we had the meet on the grounds rather than a parking lot. Figuring out parking around trees, landscaping and holes was more challenging than straight rows.  And I guess now I would rather organize tours....

Hope your dad is feeling OK and sorry to read of your breakdown.  I know how much you like to show your trucks!!

Regards,

Bill

• 1 year later...

I was registerd for the 2020 Glidden Tour, but was kind of glad they postponed it a year due to Covid.

However thinking I would be over two total knee replacements by now.   No such luck, still can;t drive stick shift

for more than 30 minutes.   Now undergoing Angioplasty in both knees, hoping for some relleif.

Wish I was there for my 13th Glidden Tour.   Bill Preston will make it wonderful and all will enjoy it.

I hope to see all the tourists in 2022. 

1313096041_IMG_0961(1).JPG.2eaba8acb61a3eb0be9b85bccd984e63.JPG