1937 Dodge D7 lost key

To defeat the Anti Theft System. On the inside of the fire wall bend back the tabs and pull back the Big sawser and armored Cable housing.  un bolt the wire from the back of the coil. Look for a hot all the time wire at the back of the Amp Gauge. Jumper wire to on/off Toggle Switch Jumper wire to Back of coil. She should start.  If You are in a hurry carry a extra coil. Complete with jumper wires and a pice of bailing wire for a mount.  Open hood wire coil to radiator support rod. Cut the Wire coming out of the Car's Coil splice it to the positive side of you coil.  Take the negative side down to the Battery terminal on the starter. Jump in and start her up.   All of this should take you about 2 minutes. Remember the owner and his Shotgun are just around the Connor.

Frank

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 11:25 AM, mrtechnologist2u said:

Can I still get key blanks and can the cylinder be re-keyed?

These are the steps I would consider if I lost a key for mine.

1.) If you remember the key code # that was stamped on the key a good locksmith should be able to make you a new key from a blank. There were two options for Briggs and Stratton, groove 17 and groove 22 for 1937 Dodge. Let me know if you need examples of those blanks..

2.) If you don't recall the number, it might be stamped onto the ignition assembly somewhere. Try finding that before you take anything apart. 

3.) If you cannot locate a number anywhere, then as Mikefit suggested, (once you figure out how to remove the ignition assembly) a good locksmith should be able to help.