1928 Buick model 47S - wheels

KHenry

I bought a 28 Buick model 47s- came with wood spoke wheels, no tires, need to know if an additional ring (if so, it's missing) is needed to mount the tires when I get them. Some people saying yes - some no. Do I have all the parts I need to mount tires on these rims? Also, can't get back wheels off? Help, pleaseE8D88C0D-0B32-4C81-919F-4A0B59E4D188.thumb.jpeg.82b4ffcd58b33ca4701aeaf17e84551a.jpeg

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_5153.PNG

IMG_5154.PNG

IMG_5155.PNG

You are missing the actual rim that the tire gets installed on.  Then those side bolts and square clamps hold the rim onto the wheel part you have

You need a special hub puller for the rears to come off, but they don't need to come off for a tire swap.  The prewar Buick forum here will inform you on the puller you need. 

• Like 1

To remove rear wheels on a Master model, unscrew the 6 acorn nuts on the driving hub and pull out the axle shaft with hub attached.   Now the large nut (2-1/2") holding the wheel on the axle tube will be visible.  Bend back the nut retaining tabs and unscrew the nut. Left side has left hand thread.  The wheel has a large bearing which might be tight on the axle tube.

I believe you have "Jaxon" wheels.  Some one familiar with Buicks will let you know.  Then you need 5 rims, five tires, five tubes and 5 flaps.  You might also need 2 tire irons and a rim jack.

Atlas1.png

rim tool.png

split rim1.jpg

5 hours ago, Tinindian said:

I believe you have "Jaxon" wheels.  Some one familiar with Buicks will let you know.  Then you need 5 rims, five tires, five tubes and 5 flaps.  You might also need 2 tire irons and a rim jack.

Atlas1.png

rim tool.png

split rim1.jpg

You will also need 24rim bolts and clamps I can supply them no rims though.

• Like 1