1929 Essex 2 door 4-5 passenger, stock/original

A '29 two door Essex is available locally and I was wondering if some one could give me an idea of value for a well used but drivable car of this vintage. It is a twenty footer at best but starts, runs rather rough and has fair mech brakes. Interior is there but needs TLC, glass seems OK, lights supposedly work, 6 volt elec, not too bad as far as rust but large areas of paint chipping off - hasn't been repainted I'm quite sure. Owner asking $11.8K obo.  Any feedback would be appreciated as I have not seen a comparable make/model listed for sale anywhere. I would like to 'rescue' this vehicle and keep it original before someone takes it and rods it out. Ok, who would like to toss out a few chips of advice? Thanks in advance to all HET enthusiasts! JohnB AACA member

Hey, Jon37, how can I post this on the HET Club forum if I am not a club member? I'd be in favor of doing that but non-members can't login to do posting as far as I can tell. Any ideas on how to get this posted to HET Club? Let me know if you have an idea. Thanks, John Bergan

12 hours ago, John C Bergan said:

Hey, Jon37, how can I post this on the HET Club forum if I am not a club member? I'd be in favor of doing that but non-members can't login to do posting as far as I can tell. Any ideas on how to get this posted to HET Club? Let me know if you have an idea. Thanks, John Bergan

Post in the "open forum" . It is open to non members. I would say the value of the 29 Essex as you described it, would be in the 3-4 thousand dollar range.

Thanks to all for advice and recommendations on the '29 Essex questions I had. The car has been SOLD, hopefully to someone who appreciates originality in this model and restores it accordingly or enjoys it 'as is'. I believe it went for $8K.  Stay safe everyone, JohnB