1922 buick switch panel

It’s the switch for illuminating the dash light. 

Push it in and it turns on the lamp as long as you hold it in for a quick glimpse at the gauges 

Turn it to the right and it stays on. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the diagram really helps on my rebuild.

Think I’m the only 1920,s Buick this side of the pond.

Cant even find any books.

So this site is my lifeline.

Barry 

London, England

16 minutes ago, Barry R said:

Thanks guys, the diagram really helps on my rebuild.

Think I’m the only 1920,s Buick this side of the pond.

Cant even find any books.

So this site is my lifeline.

Barry 

London, England

Not the only one. We saw a gorgeous E-49 in splendid all-original condition go to Oxford a couple years ago. 

• 1 month later...

Hello all, if I may ask a related question?  Where would one go about finding that circuit breaker?  What other options are out there for a 1922 45 that will probably not get fully restored but kept as original as possible? 

Barry, 

My suggestion is to not rely on the existing circuit breaker as it is not a resetable type.  On these old styles, if you have a short, the points keep opening and closing and they never really disconnect the power.  Everything stays warm until the battery juice runs out or the wires burn thru.  Anything you do can be hidden behind the dash.  On my car I installed a 2 fuse holder.  One for the circuit and the other side for the spare.  You can mount it on the gauge hold down bracket.  They also now make automotive circuit breakers that are resetable like you have in your home.  These are on Ebay.     Hugh

IMG_7913.thumb.JPG.925f8f53e00925bbfa08e68409a0b2b8.JPG1828807942_fuse-resettable.thumb.JPG.e8cdb2679a0523ff5cc67ff3f3bae7d5.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1