Pictures of my 64 riviera

Dave Beck

Awesome car......very hard to find one that low mileage and unmolested......please keep it stock and unmolested!

If I had an original 64 that nice I would put the correct wheel covers and stock wheels on it....either the turbine wheel

covers or correct wire wheel covers. 

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

Road wheels? Referring to the Buick ralley wheels?  If so, only on the Wildcat in 64.  1964 Riviera wheel covering choices were the base Riviera wheel cover, the wire wheel cover, and the cast aluminum cover.  All three used the large silver R in the emblem.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, gungeey said:

Cool car

anything in your documentation that might address why the intake is silver?

Curious.. STeve

Steve,

not sure why intake is silver, thought it might be aluminum, but magnet sticks, I can't see any sign of where the engine has been into, except for maybe valve cover gaskets. What color were they supposed to be?

Dave

It should be green like the rest, that is a factory cast iron intake, 63 engines were silver

It looks like green overspray in some areas..hard to tell. Odd that it's set up like that.

See that bolt holding down the gooseneck at the end of the radiator hose> on the ledge right behind there is the engine number, what does it read?

Edited by gungeey
added (see edit history)

You could read the date code on it, but it is not a 63 intake. A 63 intake would have a hole in the boss in front of the carb. On a 63, that's the vacuum port for the power brakes. Paint it green and no one will question it.  Perhaps a previous owner wanted to make people think it was an aluminum intake.

14 hours ago, RivNut said:

Road wheels? Referring to the Buick ralley wheels?  If so, only on the Wildcat in 64.  1964 Riviera wheel covering choices were the base Riviera wheel cover, the wire wheel cover, and the cast aluminum cover.  All three used the large silver R in the emblem.

Ed,

I have heard the term Road Wheels used for the Buick Rally Wheels not sure where.  Yes, 64 Riv's did not have the rally wheels, but yes the Buick Wildcat did with the Wildcat center cap, which mine have.  I still say, who really knows if a dealer could have installed these for a buyer that want them in 64.  

Dave,

Not trying to steal your thread.  Like I said, I like it as it is.  Many people choose different wheels for a more personal touch.

Art