Wisconsin: Jack's Auto Ranch, Watertown

N6848 N Island View Rd (730.25 mi), Watertown, WI 53094

Tel. (920) 699-2521

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Jacks-Auto-Ranch-304985152074/

"We have a large selection of old cars from the late 1930's to the 1960's and we also carry a large inventory of late model cars and parts. We have hundreds of Cadillac's in our yard from the late 1940's up to the early 1990's along with a large selection of used parts. These include Engines, Transmissions, Rear Ends, Axels/Shafts, Brake Parts, Windshields, Door Glass, and anything and everything that belongs in or on a car. Large Inventory of New Old Stock-N.O.S."

This is great stuff, if only we could travel right now because of the pandemic.  I had planned a vacation trip looking for yards in Wisconsin and Minnesota this summer.  Had planned to visit Dave Tachney to look at his stuff too and also Windy Hill Salvage Yard in Minnesota.  Maybe next year.

42 minutes ago, Dynaflash8 said:

This is great stuff, if only we could travel right now because of the pandemic.  I had planned a vacation trip looking for yards in Wisconsin and Minnesota this summer.  Had planned to visit Dave Tachney to look at his stuff too and also Windy Hill Salvage Yard in Minnesota.  Maybe next year.

If I WANTED to go, would not stop me. Life goes on. 

Ben

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

If I WANTED to go, would not stop me. Life goes on. 

Ben

What is it now?  How many thousands have died while thinking life goes on? Hmm

• Thanks 2
On 8/12/2020 at 9:41 AM, 39BuickEight said:

People are responsibly traveling all over the country right now.  Don’t let that stop you.  I drove to Colorado a couple of weeks ago.

Did you stay in a motel or eat in a restaurant?  Are you over 75?  Do you have Diabetes, Asthma, or have had open heart surgery in the last year?  Maybe a Pacemaker?  Hmmm.  I suspect many of those thousands who have died thought nothing of taking chances too.

32 minutes ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Did you stay in a motel or eat in a restaurant?  Are you over 75?  Do you have Diabetes, Asthma, or have had open heart surgery in the last year?  Maybe a Pacemaker?  Hmmm.  I suspect many of those thousands who have died thought nothing of taking chances too.

My wife has auto-immune problems and my daughter has heart and lung concerns.  We stayed at motels and ate at restaurants.  We purposely chose destinations with low rates of the virus.  We had originally planned a trip to Arizona, but, due to their infection rate, changed to a secluded place in the Rocky Mountains instead.  We wore masks as required and kept hand sanitizer nearby.  We took extra cleaning supplies to use clean the rooms with before we unloaded and stayed anywhere.  We all take risks everyday, and I feel this is a risk that can be well mitigated with proper precautions.  We traveled with safety and deliberate care.  I’m not one to put off a trip I can take later, as nothing is guaranteed in life.  I know others feel otherwise, and that is fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, 39BuickEight said:

My wife has auto-immune problems and my daughter has heart and lung concerns.  We stayed at motels and ate at restaurants.  We purposely chose destinations with low rates of the virus.  We had originally planned a trip to Arizona, but, due to their infection rate, changed to a secluded place in the Rocky Mountains instead.  We wore masks as required and kept hand sanitizer nearby.  We took extra cleaning supplies to use clean the rooms with before we unloaded and stayed anywhere.  We all take risks everyday, and I feel this is a risk that can be well mitigated with proper precautions.  We traveled with safety and deliberate care.  I’m not one to put off a trip I can take later, as nothing is guaranteed in life.  I know others feel otherwise, and that is fine.

Okay, to each his own

• 1 month later...

There are worse places to be buried than Minnesota. We can accommodate you. If you visit Windy Hills, you should also stop at French Lake Auto Parts, near Annandale -- about an hour SE of Windy Hills.

• Like 1

Don’t leave the house 🏠 

A meteorite might fall from the sky and kill you.

Come to think of it - unless you build a nuclear bunker - you are susceptible to every kind of peril 🧐

Jim

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 months later...
On 8/13/2020 at 2:19 PM, 39BuickEight said:

Did you take a mattress and pillows?