1948 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser - $8500 - Battle Creek, MI - Not Mine

1948 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser - $8500 - Battle Creek, MI 

https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/cto/d/bedford-1948-studebaker-commander/7172251252.html

Our 1948 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser is for sale. It is a 4 dr. sedan with a 6 cylinder gas engine and 3 speed standard transmission. The car was restored a number of years ago and we bought it from the son of the restorer. It has newer whitewall tires. The interior is tan and in very good condition. The body is also in very good condition. The car starts, runs, shifts and stops well. Reason for selling is we are at the age where we need to cut back on our toys! Call with any questions or better come and take a ride in it!

Copy and paste in your email:  3554de6ad23632b68ac16e18f4dc2878@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1948 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser.  The Land Cruiser was Studebaker's top-line, longer wheelbase luxury sedan, easily identified by the vent window in the rear door other four door models did not have. 

'48 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser MI a.jpg

'48 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser MI b.jpg

'48 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser MI c.jpg

'48 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser MI d.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Land Cruiser - top-line luxury sedan with rear door vent windows. (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Very nice looking car. I like the color. Do you think it's original?

When I was a kid I used to think if a person put headlights where the taillights were, you couldn't tell the front from the back. 

Edited by Fossil (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

Much better than I expected and they must have every factory accessory on it Studebaker Offered.  Very nice interior as well.  Usually the interiors seem scuzzy or just wrong. 

I live in Battle Creek and have never seen this car out and about. I agree it looks nice. If anyone wants a set of eyes on it, let me know.