89 Reatta Brake and tranny related issue??

Tried to move car for first time since rebirth. Right front caliper (new) was pressed against rotor. Bled the caliper and wheel released.  Started car in park without reseating the pad and everything OK. Started car in neutral and right wheel spun!!! Left wheel fine.  Rebled caliper and this time seated the pads.  Caliper is again pressing the rotor. Ouch!

Sounds like collapsed lining in front brake hose acting like a check valve. Time to replace.

Was the front wheel just windmilling without any real force? I haven't tried such in a very long time so that may be normal in neutral with no load on the wheel.

Edited by 2seater (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I concur with Hal. When the brake line collapses it can make the car so sluggish one would think the engine has a coil/ignition issue.

(Was the front wheel just windmilling without any real force? )

Seemed to be rotating pretty good. I'll unseat the pads, start it in neutral with the wheels on the ground, and see if I'll need to replace my neighbor's fence

I also would look at the flex line going to the front wheel.   Take it off and try blowing thru it and I think you will verify that it is bad.   I suggest buying one for both sides and replace both at once.   RockAuto has several brands from $4.88 to $15.44...... for around $20 you can do both sides.  I would flush the brake fluid at the same time.

Side note..... I needed new wiper blades for my GMC pickup....Walmart and the auto parts stores wanted $19 to $29 per blade.

Got them from RockAuto for under $10 each (good quality brand name blades)