Buick Factory Photos

MrEarl

Not exactly a 'factory' photo as much as it is a promotional photo...however, technically, it does bring the normal factory quality assurance and endurance testing function out into public display...

Article dated 5april1926 promoting the sealed chassis, goldfish included - 

image.png.48f2902ae27ad0ed83e14b0049721f73.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A press photo dating from May 15, 1956, shows how GM inspectors were able to spot sheet metal and paint flaws on finished cars. The “zebra stripe” light and shadow technique patterns are interrupted by surface flaws. Using this method problems which are hard to see under shadowless lighting are very apparent.

Paint.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/13/2023 at 1:09 PM, Elpad said:

IMG_4698.JPG

I believe these pictures were taken at the Linden, NJ B-O-P Assembly plant on US-1,

the day that I was there.

My firefighter dad was also the driver for Linden's Fire Chief. Chief Miller was asked by Mayor Hurst to attend Jackie Gleason's visit, and knowing my fanatic passion for cars, and especially Buick, the chief told Dad to get me out of school to join us for the day Mr. Gleason followed the car through the entire assembly process.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

At a point in time, GM had Riviera, Toronado, and Eldorado together on the same production line.  The Toro and the Eldo were front wheel drive, and the Rivi was still rear wheel drive.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2024 at 9:18 AM, Elpad said:

IMG_7603.jpeg

From the time I was born, the Linden, New Jersey B.O.P. assembly plant produced Buick, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac -

and were still doing it when I worked a second job at the same plant, but for Anchor Motor Freight during late 1968 and early 1969.

I can vouch for it because I drove many of those three makes, and their models from the "Gate", the end of the assembly line, into the receiving lot - and then across US-1 to the lot behind Linden Airport where Anchor's trucks would load them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1