Does anyone have a favorite brand or type of ignition wires for a 50's era truck with a flat head engine ?

The "original type" set I purchased has uninsulated connectors at the plug end that don't fit the plug terminal very well. Doesn't seem right that they should be difficult to get on, and then rattle around. 

When I replaced the spark plug wires on my 1933 Chevrolet back in the mid 1970s I used a set of original 1933 Chevrolet logo spark plug terminals I cut from a 1933 Chevrolet I found in a junk yard and soldered the terminals to my new wires. One of the attached graphic show the reproductions they started making years later.  In that graphic the wire fits in from the back and the conductor is soldered where he hole is in the terminal.

These terminals are  brass and fit rather loose, but I have never had any issues with them.  Even the new repros fit rather loose.

1336469823_ReproTerminal.png.b202e20bde19dd6f4cedbc41e7b519ca.png900451802_Originalterminal.jpg.fb2549d543d20242dadaad88ad48984c.jpg

• Like 2

I went through Rhode Island Wiring and purchased the wire and ends from them and made my own. They have many different styles of connectors of varying quality so you can choose a better quality than the pre made sets. 

several places out there will make them, and many connectors are out there as well.

I had a set made for my 1929 Chevrolet, and i looked everywhere for original or repro bowtie ends like Vila shows above, but no one has them and they are not made anymore. so had a guy make me a custom set with close looking connectors and wire style to match my originals, which were black lacquered. they look great but yes they do snap on a are a little loose. then at Hershey last year found a guy selling random stuff and he had a rotted set of plug wires that had the bowtie connectors on the end, offered him $10 for the set, and gonna make me a new set with them !!