SOLD SOLD SOLD! 49-54 Pontiac 6 Volt Battery Hold Down

g-g-g0

Hi Gary,

Thank you for the reply.

Let me check the hold down bolts on my battery tonight. I am sure it will be ok as my battery sits perfectly in the tray.

When you say you don't have the top cover, is this not the top hold down cover? or am i misunderstanding something being quite new to Pontiacs?

Regards

Joe

Joe

I’m not a Pontiac person, rather I’m into Buick’s. I ended up with this thinking it was Buick. Buick’s and Pontiacs both used the long narrow batteries. In 53 Buick went to a V8 in the Super and Roadmaster and a 12 volt Battery which is essentially the same size. I think the 6 volt was known as a Group EE and the 12 volt was a Group EEE.  The 53 Buick 12 volt hold down (one year only I believe) is two piece and a little bit different in configuration .  Picture attached. The one I am offering has been identified as Pontiac and may possible have been used by Packard.

I have googled pictures of Pontiac flathead engine compartments and in a couple of pictures it appears that the hold down may have had a cover similar to the Buick. Just my assumption. 

Let me know if I can help answer questions.

Gary

4DD6792C-EE16-4173-AE7C-6FBBF7BC6410.jpeg

579784CF-8026-45FD-8C97-583A1E1C1952.jpeg

705F1464-9AC7-431D-9503-B3E38E937C40.jpeg

5 hours ago, 47FordCoupe said:

Hello Summershandy

That looks really good. I don’t posses the skills or tools to make my own so the search will continue.☹️

Joe

Thanks Joe,

It's not what I wanted but it's all I could do. The original has some dimples in it that I could never do without a press or something. 

It's not the best but it does the trick.  Good luck in you're search!