I've seen alot worse for more.  Seems like a good buy if you can live wit ha 4 door.  The chrome and interior look very nice and under the hood is very tidy.  It's actually alot better than I expected when I went to click the link. 

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

I've seen alot worse for more.  Seems like a good buy if you can live wit ha 4 door.  The chrome and interior look very nice and under the hood is very tidy.  It's actually alot better than I expected when I went to click the link. 

In this case, these cars were designed as 4 doors.  Therefore the extra 2 doors are not extra.   

This is a great car.  

• Like 1

The Step Down Hudson straight eights are a really nice car to drive. I have driven a '51 quite a few times over the past 30 years.

That dash board and split windshield makes it the closest thing to driving a Chris Craft on the road you are going to find.

Great car!  I love the step-downs, and this one has a lot going for it.  They are such an interesting combination of "modern" and "old fashioned" -- a Flash Gordon exterior shape with big overstuffed seats and a dash board that's reminiscent of a Wurlitzer juke box.  The door panels with the "set-in" arm rests are also special. And they are great road cars.  I would be definitely be pursuing this if I had the budget and the room for another car.

I owned a 49 Commodore 8 Club Coupe years ago. Step Down's are terrific road cars. The Eights have a cool rumble sound, like a small block with a racing cam. Last year for the Commodore and the Eight. 

13 hours ago, John S. said:

I owned a 49 Commodore 8 Club Coupe years ago. Step Down's are terrific road cars. The Eights have a cool rumble sound, like a small block with a racing cam. Last year for the Commodore and the Eight. 

I thought so John.