1938 Graham Supercharged Shark-nose - Original! - $15500 - Adell, WI - Not Mine - SOLD

1938 Graham Supercharged Shark-nose - Original! - $15500 - Adell, WI 

https://sheboygan.craigslist.org/cto/d/adell-1938-graham-supercharged/7170448963.html

Very nice & rare Graham Model 97 Supercharged Shark-nose sedan. Original, no rust and unrestored survivor except new black paint (original color) and interior reupholstered. Supercharged 6cyl, 4-speed overdrive trans. Runs & drives great! Same owner for 22 years. Please contact for more info.

Copy and paste in your email:  dc8c25d80e0438848cb163368b3ae9fd@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1938 Graham Supercharged Shark-nose sedan.

'38 Graham Supercharged Sharknose WI a.jpg

'38 Graham Supercharged Sharknose WI b.jpg

'38 Graham Supercharged Sharknose WI c.jpg

'38 Graham Supercharged Sharknose WI d.jpg

'38 Graham Supercharged Sharknose WI e.jpg

'38 Graham Supercharged Sharknose WI f.jpg

'38 Graham Supercharged Sharknose WI g.jpg

'38 Graham Supercharged Sharknose WI h.jpg

'38 Graham Supercharged Sharknose WI aa.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I've had a car like that about 10 years ago .That was very rare down here in Belgium .The car drove very good , it was a euro version as it had a Euro speedometer , was sold new to the US consul in Spain when new .I am tempted to get more information on the car but they look so strange that i am hesitating .And I already have to many cars as my wife says ( and she's correct )

No, your wife is not is not correct, just don’t tell her I said that.😀  They have a built-in wife to wife genetic network and I’m sure she would contact my wife and tell her to give me a good swift kick in the backside.  And I like the car too!

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing against it as it appears to be a nice car,  but the term survivor seems to be morphing.  It's all original except new paint and interior?  Well that's  got to be over 70 percent of the original survivor part gone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

the current popular "in words" are refurbishing , survivor, barn find, Rare, Very Rare . I agree with Aubrunseeker that the word survivor is morphing - or better yet being used to much , or worn thin - but perhaps my patience with reading that word is being worn thin so from now on I won't pay attention or bother with anything described as being a "survivor" .

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

That's a really neat car for not a lot of cash. I like it!

4-speed with overdrive seems weird, though. 3-speed with overdrive maybe?

The latter.   The blown Graham engine was around 124 hp and fairly peppy.  The 1940 Hollywood was the fastest 0-60 car made in the US that year.

This looks like a pretty good deal.  Typically you see two tone maroon and silver low budget resto cars for more money.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

4-speed with overdrive seems weird, though. 3-speed with overdrive maybe?

Probably!

Graham did have a four speed, but as far as I know it was long gone by 1939. It wasn't that helpful, according to some owners I spoke with at a Graham convention a few years ago. It was direct in fourth, and low was a stump puller normally not meant to be used.

Graham had Borg Warner overdrive fairly early in the game. I know it was optional in 1937. That is undoubtedly what is in the 39. Nice car!

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

Yes 3 speed with overdrive, great car, it will cruse 70 mph all day.  Graham-Paige had the 4 speed in 28, 29, 30, yes 1st gear was to get out of the mud.  The owners manual recommends starting out in 2nd gear under normal driving conditions.  I use the granny gear all the time when moving my 4 speed Graham-Paige cars around the shed and it is also nice when driving on soft ground/grass.