Summer AM cruise in my ‘38

keithb7

I awoke early, before the sun was up this fine Monday morning. I’m not sure why. Perhaps my subconscious knows its a great time to get out in the old car. Nice cooler temps and quiet roads make for a nice cruise. It’s sort of interesting what you see when you’re out and about at that odd time.  

It’s been so hot during the afternoons and evenings lately, I find it a little too warm for the old rad in my Plymouth. The rad will come out soon. New water pump too. I’ll try and  get a good look at the water distribution tube also. 

F1941EFA-A519-4D6B-8821-25DAF1D7C193.jpeg

Edited by keithb7 (see edit history)
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I do same, usually on early Sunday mornings and at least couple of times each month, year round. 

Just did one for +/- 150 miles with my PB Roadster couple of days ago (see  "Long distance driving and travel ..." in general section for details).

I'll try to get on the road by 5 as they tend to stay pretty clear of other traffic until mid-morning, after which they often get cluttered enough to dampen the enjoyment, at least around here.

I also tend to prefer more spirited drives on back roads and secondary 2-lane highways, instead of city streets or freeways.

Keep the driving spirit alive, Keith and wave if you see us on the road !

Edited by TTR (see edit history)

On 8/3/2020 at 7:11 AM, keithb7 said:

The rad will come out soon. New water pump too. I’ll try and  get a good look at the water distribution tube also. 

While you are at it you could knock out the core plugs and physically clean out the water jacket.  WPC vehicles did not have the same problem as straight eight Buicks but while you are making a mess you might as well clean out as much as you can.

Lovely car by the way I have fond memories of many miles in a cousin's '38.  I was always amazed that they were so quiet on the highway.  To my memory the only quieter cars were Packards.