1975-1976 Park Avenue Production Totals?

Guest Electramanrob

Guest Electramanrob

Does anyone have any information as to how many of the 1975 and 1976 Electra Limited 4 doors were sold with the Park Avenue package? I've seen the breakdown for those years between 225 base models and Limiteds but have never seen any Park Avenue production totals (would have been some subset of the Limited 4doors).

I have no idea about the 76 Park Avenue total but I know there were about 6000 of the 75 Limiteds that were Park Avenues. Total limited production was around 33000. I have the exact numbers at home and I will post them as soon as I can. I remember that for 75 there were different Park Avenue packages ( W-10 and W-18) and the more luxurious W-18 is rare. I also think that it was possible to order the Park Avenue without the console in 75. For 76 it was more publicised and sales brochures mentions that Park Avenues could be ordered with or without a console. The sloan museum have all production information about those cars and for around 20$ or 30$ they send info about quantities of cars ordered with options and some option combinations. I was amased about the rarity of some options and about how common were others. For example, only 53 4 door Limiteds were made without air conditionning and none were made with the available 400 engine... I also knew that few cars had air bags like mine but I was surprised to see that only 123 were made. If you want other production numbers about 75 Limited 4 door just ask and I'll try to answer on this forum.

Thanks!! Iam very curious about the two different Park Avenue packages you mention. I did notice once in the Old Cars Price Guide different add-on prices for "Park Ave" package and "Park Ave Deluxe" package and always wondered what the difference was. What was the difference? I have a 75 Park Avenue that has surprisingly few options (only auto climate control, am/fm stereo, wide chrome bands, and rear defroster. Doesn't even have a right hand side mirror or carpeted trunk ! It does, however, have the center console. Until I found this car, I had always assumed that cars with the Park Ave package were always optioned to the hilt. I also have a 76 Park Ave that has every option for 76, except the center console, telescopic wheel, light monitors, air bags, and auto leveling. Could it be one of the more fancy Park Ave package cars? Were there still two different Park Ave packages in 76? Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!

Guest Electramanrob

Another odd thing I noticed on my 75 Park Avenue is that the script name on the dash, right below the clock on my car says "Limited" - all of the other Park Avenues I've seen have the name "Park Avenue" in script there. I thought this might indicate an early model year car but it seems the car was built in June of 1975. Any reason why some say "Limited" versus "Park Avenue" on the dash?

I just read my documentation from the Sloan museum and there were only 37 W-18 (upc code) Park Avenues produced in 1975. in addition to the W-10 It included am-fm stereo, power antenna, positive traction,and other equipment. The standard Park Avenue was available with 60-40 seats with the WN9 (I think) package. If I remember well there were 588 of those produced. The W-10 model was produced in 6079 exemples. I am not shure about the numbers I'll check them again!

I strongly recommend you to call the Sloan museum's Buick Gallery and Research Center. They have tons of information about our cars and they are great people to speak to. I was very satisfied with the information they gave me about my car (costs about 20$) and with the interesting "domestic and export car report" (costs about 30$ for production information about a specific model ex:1976-4CX39). Their phone number is (810) 237-3440 there is also a link to their website in this site's "other links of interest".

• 9 years later...
Guest 75RivGS

Very old thread, I know... still looking for production numbers for 1976 Park Avenues.

BTW: any lead to a '75 or '76 PA for sale is also very welcome.