1991 convertible for sale in MN, dealer car

Hello

This '91 showed up on fb marketplace.  Has 58K miles and they want $18,998.  It is owned by a dealership--took it on trade for a Colorado.  I think it is a 2-owner.  

I went and looked at it yesterday, but did not drive it.  Very nice car.  

My purpose for posting is for discussion or if anyone from a distance would be interested.  Just fun to see one!  

Bye

106694292_2890172137772543_144266008343977106_n.png

The dealer isn’t stupid. Nobody trades one of these in on a Colorado except by getting it for free like in an estate. “Here grandson I am giving you my Reatta”.  “WTH do I want with this old thing?? “. So he trades it in on what he really wants. The dealer probably offered $3000 for it knowing he could always keep a wholesale in his back pocket.  Now the dealer jacks the price way up seeing if someone will grab it.  

Seen this on many of these cars- Allantes, Reattas. 

I thought the information below the picture was for that car.......   

If you put your name first in the footer that would help eliminate the confusion.

Example.... B Jake Mortan  above has no footer or where he lives.......however in his case, most everyone here know him from earlier posts and

he does not list his cars because it would take too much room.

4 hours ago, Y-JobFan said:

Here we go again, yawn 

Car is nice but see other comments in other sections about the market correction.  Plus - I believe I made positive comments about the low mileage black and grey 1991 convertible with very low miles 3- 4 posts down. Same price. Better history.  

If the Reatta in any particular sale is a good value, no issues.  The original poster posted and requested comments. I provided comments.  Reatta convertibles in this condition are < $10k 

The dealer for wholesale this in October. The issue is the starting price. If someone goes in and is earnestly interested in the car, and they do the research, the offer should be around 9000 at the most. This will make the dealer cringe and say no.

I don't know the owner history, but it sounded like the guy trading it in was the 2nd owner, and had it a while.  Just wanted something more practical.  

11 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Car is nice but see other comments in other sections about the market correction.  Plus - I believe I made positive comments about the low mileage black and grey 1991 convertible with very low miles 3- 4 posts down. Same price. Better history.  

If the Reatta in any particular sale is a good value, no issues.  The original poster posted and requested comments. I provided comments.  Reatta convertibles in this condition are < $10k 

The dealer for wholesale this in October. The issue is the starting price. If someone goes in and is earnestly interested in the car, and they do the research, the offer should be around 9000 at the most. This will make the dealer cringe and say no.

I do agree it’s not an 18k car, But I also don’t think it’s a $9000 carBut I also don’t think it’s a $9000 car.  

Edited by Y-JobFan (see edit history)

There were 71 white convertibles made with flame red interior.

We know the red top is a replacement because there were no red factory tops in 1991

68 of the 71 cars had white tops...... we also have a pretty good handle on which ones came with white wheels.

Looking at the info I have, my best guess is one of these....

900254 was last listed in Florida,

900545  was last known in Texas with under 300 miles

900551 last known in AZ

900613 last known in Lousiana.

Another possibility is it never came from the factory with white wheels...there is usually a difference in the white

color of the wheel and cover because they were made by different vendors.... this car may have refinished wheels.

If you had the vin,   we might have better history

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

900473 was a white convertible with red interior.... white top...16 way seat, CD player, red pinstripe but not listed with white wheels.

It was sold to a GM employee  John Ahlers.    Cars sold to employees,  depending on his position in GM,  could have been a company car that he purchased, or one of the cars determined not to be sold to the public but offered to employees.

The asking price is high in todays market.... I know of a Blue/blue '91 convertible that sold in Florida with 11K and it sold for $17K.

I think the guy that traded it in may have been the 2nd owner--or possibly even later.  At least, pretty sure he was not the first.  

I would like the car better with a white top.  

Thanks for the information!

It's not near as interesting now that the white wheels didn't originally come on it and the red top has been a blackmark from the start, the white top would look so much better, too much going on with the white wheels and red top.  Still should make someone a nice car though