Sign in to follow this  
Mark Gregory

1928 White someone is doing something here any Experts on the Topic

Posted (edited)

NOT MINE

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1505735609

Description

Speedster White 1928. Projet à terminer commencé il y a plus de 10 ans. Le moteur est fonctionnel mais doit être rebâti. Les pneus sont neufs. Ma conversion speedster a conservé toute la mécanique d'origine. Vraiment cool. Absolument unique. J'ai abandonné le projet pour me concentrer sur mon 2ième speedster : Maxim 1925 également visible sur YouTube si ce genre de bolides vous intéresse. Pour connaisseur seulement...acheteur sérieux svp... Martin au 418-332-7462 Le prix est ferme à 15000 $

Speedster White 1928. Project to be completed started over 10 years ago. The engine is functional but needs to be rebuilt. The tires are new. My speedster conversion kept all the original mechanics. Really cool. Absolutely unique. I abandoned the project to concentrate on my 2nd speedster: Maxim 1925 also visible on YouTube if you are interested in this kind of racing car. For connoisseurs only ... serious buyer please ... Martin at 418-332-7462 The price is firm at $ 15,000

$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

Benefits of AACA Membership.

That is a nice looking speedster.  If my long ago recollection of French is half way accurate, I understand that this is 1928 White that has been sitting for about 10 years.  The engine runs, but the "doit" is "rebati" (I told you my French is extremely limited).  The tires are "neufs", and the speedster conversion kept the original mechanical features.  "It's very unique".  This project was abandoned to concentrate on the owner's second speedster, a 1925 Maxim, which can be seen on youtube.

Call Martin ... the price is firm at $15,000 dollars.

I'm not familiar with the "White" automobile.  Were they affiliated with the White Trucks?

Pardon my French.

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark Gregory said:

Speedster White 1928. Projet à terminer commencé il y a plus de 10 ans. Le moteur est fonctionnel mais doit être rebâti. Les pneus sont neufs. Ma conversion speedster a conservé toute la mécanique d'origine. Vraiment cool. Absolument unique. J'ai abandonné le projet pour me concentrer sur mon 2ième speedster : Maxim 1925 également visible sur YouTube si ce genre de bolides vous intéresse. Pour connaisseur seulement...acheteur sérieux svp... Martin au 418-332-7462 Le prix est ferme à 15000 $

Speedster White 1928. Project to be completed started over 10 years ago. The engine is functional but needs to be rebuilt. The tires are new. My speedster conversion kept all the original mechanics. Really cool. Absolutely unique. I abandoned the project to concentrate on my 2nd speedster: Maxim 1925 also visible on YouTube if you are interested in this kind of racing car. For connoisseurs only ... serious buyer please ... Martin at 418-332-7462 The price is firm at $ 15,000

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The White truck is related to the White automobile, however, they ceased automobile production about 1915/'16, so this is likely a truck or bus chassis. A friend up in Idaho has a beautifully restored national park sightseeing bus. When he restored it some years back, he was able to get quite a bit of history and information on the buses and mechanical details. If someone buys this project,information should be available.

By the way, the Motometer is from/for a Packard.

Edited by wayne sheldon
Additional thought. (see edit history)

Like many Speedster’s, build quality looks decent, but the scale of the chassis is off. I’m no fabricator or stylist.........but when things aren’t right, they draw you eyes to them. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Built from a smaller White truck. The proportions actually look better than some Fire Engine conversions.  The rad setback looks quite racy. White trucks were well engineered.

That $15,000 firm price might show that he really does not want to sell it.

Greg

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, 1912Staver said:

Built from a smaller White truck. The proportions actually look better than some Fire Engine conversions.  The rad setback looks quite racy. White trucks were well engineered.

That $15,000 firm price might show that he really does not want to sell it.

Greg

I agree.......White built great stuff from day one till WWII. 

That's a hefty price for a 1928 White truck chassis and a nice seat  / gas tank / newer tires. It looks like a 1 1/2 ton or 2 ton.  Nice that it runs and drives but the ad even says the engine needs ar re - build. About double what I would expect even in loonies. 

I wonder if anything has been done about gearing. I doubt a 1928 White is a 50 MPH vehicle even downhill.

Greg in Canada