Would like to purchase unit shown in photo. 1958 Buick dealer installed. Referred to as "removeable". Dont know if offered other years with same look. Just the unit shown please,20200801_101407.thumb.jpg.1d3877e52190dd7a11711fa5955fc4c7.jpg not entire A/C system.

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Hi

This is a neat unit, the selling point was it could be remove and installed in your next new Buick. The ad for this system in 1958 has a white Caballero on it with polar bears. My 58 Caballero has the unit and it is a very neat and good looking unit. 

Good luck on your search, I have never seen another one, just the one in my car. 

Steve

• Like 2

I first saw this in a gentlemans 1954 2dr ht Roadmonster(sp?) at a Buick Nationals! Beatiful car, Red, with I believe a charcoal metallic top.Thought the unit looked very period cool. So, Im on the hunt. Anyone? There is a 1958 limited on Seattle/Portland? Craigslist. Dont know why but he cant get anyone to respond at 4,000.00 said as he refused my offer for the unit "if I cant get a 3,000.00 offer not selling but fixing!! Looked like a nice rust free car.

I remember that red 54 and the cool AC unit.  It will be hard to find another.  I vote for getting that car on CL for the unit, and sell off or part out.  

Sorry, I did not save craigslist ad. When I looked for it again I couldnt find it.

Thanx for finding that & posting here! I think the whole car would be excellent for a 58 Limited fan and I could substantially reduce the buy in if they sold me that a/c component sitting under the dash! Lets conspire!

1 hour ago, 2carb40 said:

Thanx for finding that & posting here! I think the whole car would be excellent for a 58 Limited fan and I could substantially reduce the buy in if they sold me that a/c component sitting under the dash! Lets conspire!

It is a Roadmaster

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'll agree being a western car what shows in the pictures looks solid compared to a car having been used and sat around here. 

Even the chrome looks be decent driver quality for my likes.

I can tell you most of the parts will fit on a Limited 4 door except the rear quarter sheetmetal, moldings, tail lights, trunk and trunk trim.

The Limited model was stretched in that area for the three models based on the Roadmaster line.

Wish I was closer...

Edited by dei (see edit history)

Yes, this car looks like a fair deal.  It would be very tempting if it was close by.

• Like 2

Thanx 2 all who responded! Wish fulfillment has taken place faster than I could have hoped! Yippee! Its all logistics now. Heres a photo.20200803_1119371001.thumb.jpg.58cef601d43e65c7bb3b4cbaa60357ec.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good job, I had a fun time playing with the old AC.  Enjoy!  And a parts car NEVER hurts...

Edited by Fr. Buick
Spelling error... (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

With three parts cars under deconstuction currently even my understanding wife is mumbling under her breath, most of the time! Just lucky other folks patients/car projects need parts at times as I hate scrapping these older cars! Trying to save everything but the squeal, as the farmer says. If your in need of 58 parts I can ask if its ok to share contact info of his with you. I am very aware of respecting private info carefully!

Edited by 2carb40 (see edit history)