edinmass

The phone rang.....and then the next car adventure starts.

GREAT to read happy things are happening in this ongoing continuous era of health concerns, unrest, protests, and complaints about any and everything that isn't going just the way someone promised you  - old cars and reading about the experiences like this bring us kindred souls some relief from all the negativity. Thanks for the post and the details of same Ed, it makes us feel like we are  there riding along with you for the joy of the experience.

Life is very short everyone , enjoy what you can while you can. Don't hesitate or wait to tell your friends and family you appreciate and love them. Give your old car a pat on the fender, your puppy and kitten a pat on the head  , look around and really appreciate what you have . Know that you are reading this because a great car club - AACA - has been around for 85 years to serve its membership , preserve the history of vehicles , and give us all an excuse why we spend the time and hard earned $ we do on "used cars" ! 🙄

• Like 7

Benefits of AACA Membership.

27 minutes ago, edinmass said:

It’s 930 the car is loaded and I’m on the road. The car is five times better than I expected it’s an absolute time warp. 

Cool !

Depending on where you are, it is good to plan trips to avoid city rush hours. I-95 heading into DC is not a good place to be at 8 am. Looks like a great rig but more than I could ever justify. Have tow bars and a dolly (license and separate insurance not required) but for a car trailer, U-Haul is close.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, edinmass said:

It’s 930 the car is loaded and I’m on the road. The car is five times better than I expected it’s an absolute time warp. 

Wow, that's great .... that means my finder's fee gets not just doubled but quintupled!! ....let's see, have my calculator right here,  enter the zero, then the times sign, then the five.............Oh.  Never mind....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Who here knows what the two happiest days of White Touring car ownership are?   I think today is one of those days.

Ed is back on the road running an errand for me but will do a complete report when he gets home.

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Who here knows what the two happiest days of White Touring car ownership are?   I think today is one of those days.

Ed is back on the road running an errand for me but will do a complete report when he gets home.

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

Ed told me that he had about 3/8 inch clearance from the top to his trailer, and was glad he hadn't aired up the tires any more!  Regarding the "two happiest days" comment, a friend who's worked on an early White tells me that owning a White is great....as long as it's someone else who owns it....he told me if I'd bought the thing he would have come over and tap danced on my pointy little head trying to get some sense into me....

• Haha 1

On another topic, you can see there are some Model T parts laying around, and more outside, at the place where the White lived. 

The owner has apparently told the caretaker to get rid of all the T parts, even it that means sending them to scrap.  Anyone into T's around the Roanoke Virginia area should get moving....Ed should have the caretaker's contact info now, I would think, if not I have the owner's info....

13 minutes ago, trimacar said:

Ed told me that he had about 3/8 inch clearance from the top to his trailer, and was glad he hadn't aired up the tires any more!  Regarding the "two happiest days" comment, a friend who's worked on an early White tells me that owning a White is great....as long as it's someone else who owns it....he told me if I'd bought the thing he would have come over and tap danced on my pointy little head trying to get some sense into me....

Is that almost a universal rule for all cars?   They are way more fun when your buddy owns them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1/3 of the way home. Should arrive around 8am tomorrow. Heavy traffic, lots of rain, so my speed is slower for safety. Lots of interesting things to report. More to come...................

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Safe travels Ed. I look forward to the full report and some pics as you dig in. 

• Like 1

Just got home, 2156 miles in 58 hours, including sleeping for 8 hours total. Will post more later today. Car is fantastic.........lots of new info and finds. Best, Ed

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1