1963 Corvair Ramp-Side Pick-up Truck - $9500 - Murray, NE - Not Mine - Price Reduced to $7,800 - Dec-'20

1963 Corvair Ramp-Side Pick-up Truck - $9500 - Murray, NE

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/murray-1963-corvair-truck-side-gate/7168366012.html

1963 Corvair Truck W/Side Gate. $9,500.00 or O.B.O. Super cool. Great driver. I have another set of hub caps that is included. Cream color with light copper trim. All original. No broken glass.

Contact:  Call Jay at (402)-3-zero-1-one-6-three-7 or rogerh@greomaha for more photos NO TEXTS ACCEPTED!!!

Copy and paste in your email:  9febaa9f60fb352d9917392b0c8fe6a1@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest in the eventual sale of this 1963 Corvair Ramp-Side Pick-up Truck.

'63 Corvair Truck NE a.jpg

'63 Corvair Truck NE b.jpg

'63 Corvair Truck NE c.jpg

'63 Corvair Truck NE d.jpg

'63 Corvair Truck NE e.jpg

'63 Corvair Truck NE f.jpg

'63 Corvair Truck NE g.jpg

'63 Corvair Truck NE h.jpg

'63 Corvair Truck NE i.jpg

'63 Corvair Truck NE j.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Just now, Lebowski said:

Would saying that the engine is a real PITA to work on be an understatement?

I'll leave that to a Corvair fan/mechanic to answer.  But I seem to recall when those were in regular use, it was common to see the whole rear jacked up with the engine etc all pulled out as a unit.   These didn't last long in the Northeast, rust ate them alive very quickly.  

On 7/31/2020 at 7:13 PM, Lebowski said:

Would saying that the engine is a real PITA to work on be an understatement?

Lebowski, I don't want to post something that's a distraction to the ad, but I think Jay Leno's Garage had a real good episode on one of these recently. (I saw it recently, anyway.) He explains the functions and drawbacks pretty well. One of the most unique American vehicles of the 1960's. Definitely worth watching.

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to 1963 Corvair Ramp-Side Pick-up Truck - $9500 - Murray, NE - Not Mine - Price Reduced to $7,800 - Dec-'20
38 minutes ago, JACK M said:

I think the Power Glide is a negative on these things.

I had a Corvair Greenbrier, many years ago; and it had the Power Glide transmission.  That Greenbrier, was converted to an overnight camper, sort of.  No body extensions; but bed and sink, cabinets. etc.

It would actually reform pretty good; but No speedster.

Mine did have an automatic trans problem.  Every 500 to 1000 miles it would chew the gear off of the transmission governor. The governor was accessible, on the outside of the transmission.  I think one bolt held it into the trans.  The end gear was plastic.  Used mechanical, parts were plentiful in salvage yards.

I sold that "Love Boat", and the new owner; who was not too bright; he bought 3 other Corvairs. One was a rusted out Corsa with the 140hp engine. So with all those extra parts cars; we went crazy. I installed the Corsa 4-carb engine, and a good trans out of one of the other rust buckets, into the Greenbrier. Now with the high horse power engine, the Greenbrier, was a handful. All of that work was actually pretty straight forward.  I do remember other mechanics working on other Corvairs and the internal engine and the air cooling shrouding was a nightmare to old-time mechanics.  

He never came back, with the Greenbrier; after the car left my shop.  I was thankful!   

intimeold