53 pontiac .. finally painted

Update...... After more delays, got new front windshield gasket..... This one went on with a "snap".... I did not use any water at all.... Even the stainless trim snapped into place.... I think what happened to the other gasket was it actually shrunk slightly from sitting to long on the barn over 2 winter/summer heat cycles. This was partly due to paint shop delays. (1 1/2 years)..... Also my fault from not storing in the house... Waiting for my helper to get back.... Thought i would give an update...

I am trying to install the wiper cables under the dash but cant find a diagram of the routing... I saw one somewhere but my CRS must be acting up today !!! Still looking, but any help would be greatly appreciated..   pictures of your own, under dash or links to info would be great....  Thanks, John

IMG_20200920_181242444_HDR.jpg

4 hours ago, john hess said:

I am trying to install the wiper cables under the dash but cant find a diagram of the routing... I saw one somewhere but my CRS must be acting up today !!! Still looking, but any help would be greatly appreciated..   pictures of your own, under dash or links to info would be great....  Thanks, John

IMG_20200920_181242444_HDR.jpg

16006611413268202177151487315092.jpg

Another weekend over already... Had some progress though... Got new firewall pad installed.... Most all holes lined up... Vent holes need enlarged slightly for deflectors to fit. Not a big deal.... Defrost/heater air box installed.. Wiring harness is in, just not completely operating yet.... tracing all wires with test light.... (no fancy tools here. !!) Found 3 breaks so far... taillights/breaklights work.. Fresh air vent cables in...   The announcement of the fall Gettysburg event is great to hear... Also, only 20 miles away... Might not be complete, but I sure am trying to be roadworthy by then... John

IMG_20200927_192817972.jpg

• Like 2