1932 96s oil filter canister

M&M

Hello any recommendations on oil filter canisters for 96s country club coupe?  I took a chance and picked one up at Napa to small.  Wondering if anyone’s got a filter number?

thanks 

Matt

There is a reproduction oil filter assembly produced that uses a modern spin filter inside the assembly.  It is correct to the original in appearance.  The original filters did not have a way to remove internals for replacement.  The whole assembly was to be replaced.  Bob's Automobilia sell the reproduction assembly.

Bob Engle 

I am interested in this oil filter from Bob's for a 1931 Hupmobile.  My car came with a PUR1/2 which is a horizontally mounted unit with flow thru fittings at each end.  Bob's picture is not real clear on how this unit mounts or connects.  Does it have to be vertically mounted?  What are the connections?  Can someone show a picture of Bob's unit mounted in a car?

Thank you,

Bill

The unit could be mounted horizontally.  Bob's sells two different sizes, one for 50 series car and another for the larger series cars.  On the Buicks, there is a band around the filter that  fits through a bracket on the lifter side covers.  The fittings at the filter assembly are conventional pipe fittings so you could adapt to any other fitting that you would want.

Bob Engle

20200425_130109_1024x768.jpg

Thank you Robert for the picture and info.  On the Hupp there are cupped brackets that mount on the water jacket cover for a horizontal mount.  I will look at rerouting the oil lines so they come to the same end.  It may work and be easier to use than finding PUR 1/2 filters now, rare and expensive in unused condition.

Thank you,

Bill