1953 Buick Super 2 door, model 56R project

Bill Sale

Have most parts to finish car.  As shown, the car is a rolling chassis, with all panels available and in good condition.  Floorboards rusted out, but have replacement floorboards. Engine was machined and partially assembled years ago, heads machined and assembled.  Transmission complete, untouched. Many nice and hard to find parts, such as new sill plates, a very nice set of wire wheel hub caps, a rebuilt Selectronic radio with foot switch, a nice set of stainless steel moldings including almost perfect set of rocker moldings, rebuilt starter, very hard to find set of A/C ceiling  plenums with the acrylic tubes to go into trunk, nice emblems, tail lights, reflectors, very nice set of re-plated Buick portholes, plus more.

This car is located near Charlotte, N.C.  The rolling chassis, body panels, engine with parts, and transmission is free for removing it from my garage.  The parts and accessories listed above will be sold at very fair prices, and offered first to the person who takes the rolling chassis, etc.   Also available at a very reasonable price is a motor stand and a roll-around cart for holding the body off the chassis.

53buick1.jpg

53buick2.jpg

53buick3.jpg

53buick4.jpg

Edited by Bill Sale
corrected radio name (see edit history)
  • Like 3

A bump .... Might I suggest making a complete list of the parts you have and condition they are in and post that to this listing ...  Make a list of what work needs to be done in detail ... Also set and post an asking price for the project with all parts included and if desired post an asking price for just the rolling chassis as shown and then separately price the parts if so desired.  

This approach I believe would greatly enhance the overall sale effort and results.  GLWTS !

17 hours ago, buick man said:

A bump .... Might I suggest making a complete list of the parts you have and condition they are in and post that to this listing ...  Make a list of what work needs to be done in detail ... Also set and post an asking price for the project with all parts included and if desired post an asking price for just the rolling chassis as shown and then separately price the parts if so desired.  

This approach I believe would greatly enhance the overall sale effort and results.  GLWTS !

I would have thought this sentence  which is already included in the advertisement needs no further explanation!!

"The rolling chassis, body panels, engine with parts, and transmission is free for removing it from my garage". 

Anywhere remotely close to me and the rolling chassis, body panels, engine with parts and transmission would be in my shed and I would happily negotiate a price for the desirable parts to go with it.  

At least this way as the new owner of the basic project ( free of charge ) you can decide what parts you would need/like before someone else has the opportunity to pick the eyes out of them. 

I like the car and I like the sellers approach to its disposal - I wish him well and hope the car and parts go to a good home.  

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2020 at 7:28 AM, Bill Sale said:

Have most parts to finish car . . . Many nice and hard to find parts, such as . . . a nice set of stainless steel moldings . . .  set of A/C ceiling  plenums with the acrylic tubes to go into trunk . . . very nice set of re-plated  Buick portholes . . . 

Super front fenders . . . Roadmaster rear fenders . . . air conditioning was not available on the 56R but was optional on the 76R.

Whatcha got?  :D

On 9/28/2020 at 9:49 PM, 1953mack said:

Super front fenders . . . Roadmaster rear fenders . . . air conditioning was not available on the 56R but was optional on the 76R.

Whatcha got?  :D

This car is a Super with Roadmaster quarters on it. I will be using the Roadmaster quarters on my Roadmaster. Bill had amassed a collection of very nice parts, I will be using those parts to get me that much closer to the completion of the 53 Roadmaster