Art Brummer

Restorer32

Chris is Art's step son in law. Art had a junk yard here in York before he divorced and moved to Muncie Pa.  He had quite a collection of Packards and multi cylinder Cads. My ex biz partner bought all his Packard parts, several truck loads, and later donated them to the Packard museum in Dayton. Art then moved to Maine and bought a small railroad line to play with.

I remember Art Brummer, I guess it was in the late '60s or early 70s that I purchased many of his brass or bronze reproductions of the die-cast trim parts for my 1934 Packard which I had bought in 1963 or 4 from Ed Jurist of Vintage Car Store in Nyack.  Anyone remember Ed?

I remember Ed Jurist.  Only because I was going to Hershey when I was six years old.  And only the big cars interested me. Along with names like Charlie Harper, Dale Adams, Leo Gephart, Arthur Buricter , The McGee in the McGowan brothers. And of course William Harrah. Sorry for the spelling I don’t have my glasses and I’m on my phone Sorry for the spelling I don’t have my glasses and I’m on my phone   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a 95 year old friend who calls EVERY sedan a parts car...........just a point of view from the early days..........It’s AJ’s father.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Restorer32 said:

Dad bought my '32 Packard 900 from Art back when Light 8 Packards were only good for parts....and yea I hear some of you old guys saying "they still are only good for parts" under your breath.

no comment, none needed...

packard-900-1932-8.thumb.jpg.422d807032296b3910b2384acfa56447.jpgdarrin.jpg.afeae35a9dc7c063254f2bb3e6dfb0f7.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Art and his wife Jane are alive and well living in Maine. Last time I spoke to Jane,  Art was well . He is one of the great sources of Packard knowledge and once a great source of nicely made hard to find Packard parts. I have always enjoyed my interactions with Art over the years and his spot at Hershey was always one of my first planned stops. I will never forget visiting him at the home and shop in Pennsylvania and being overwhelmed with the collection of Packard and Duesenberg stuff laying about both inside and outside. I wish I had learned from Art one half of what he knew about classic cars. I will include a photo with Art when I purchased his last Packard.

DSC_0087.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, V16 said:

Art and his wife Jane are alive and well living in Maine. Last time I spoke to Jane,  Art was well . He is one of the great sources of Packard knowledge and once a great source of nicely made hard to find Packard parts. I have always enjoyed my interactions with Art over the years and his spot at Hershey was always one of my first planned stops. I will never forget visiting him at the home and shop in Pennsylvania and being overwhelmed with the collection of Packard and Duesenberg stuff laying about both inside and outside. I wish I had learned from Art one half of what he knew about classic cars. I will include a photo with Art when I purchased his last Packard.

DSC_0087.JPG

Which one is Art :)

I blame/credit two guys for getting me into the restoratipn business,  Art Brummer and Bob Turnquist.  Art's shop was near us and I visited there with my Dad. Turnquist's Packard book was in my college library and I read it when I should have.been studying. I am very happy to know Art is still with us

• Like 1