Posted (edited)

Hello,  I am building a Vanderbilt racer  style car from period parts and will soon be making the wood dash.  I would like to find a low oil pressure gauge  ( 0-10) and a on/off  type cluster switch . The parts will be for display only  and  not need  work.   No name  items will work.  if you have any other suggestion on what I should include feel free to comment.  Life is good,  Stay Safe,   Don in central Ohio  740-816-4284

IMG_1380.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

Edited by DFeeney (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Good progress.  How about a side picture?  Are you after a No Name gauge?

Al

US Gauge Company had some very nice gauges in that era that were flange mounted. 

• Like 1

Cadillac chassis ? Looks great !  Like $um Fun has suggested , US gauge made lots of suitable gauges. I have seen many at swap meets over the years.  They also turn up frequently on ebad but many sellers think they are made of gold. Several different styles depending on when they were made.

As suggested above, the flange mounted ones are the nicest. They also tend to be the most expensive. Bosch made good quality on - off switches, once again swap meets or AACA ?/HCCA ads might pay off.

Greg

Greg

DSC_9997 (2).JPG

DSC_9998 (2).JPG

DSC_9999 (2).JPG

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

Hello Greg, Thank you for your pictures.  I have not missed a Hershey swap meet for the last 35 year.  Too bad there won't be one this year to help me find my needed parts.  What I didn't mention about my Vanderbilt project  is it is powered by a 36 volt golf cart rear axle/motor.  On flat ground it runs along at about 15 MPH with two people in it and I have  made a 6 mile run.  I built it for small town parades where you just creep along and my grand daughters can drive me in it.   Thanks,  Life is Good.   Don