Jump to content

1930 Packard 745 2-4 passenger coupe


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

My mom generally has for years popped the plates of the trophies and donated them to the local boy scouts - they recycle them for Pinewood Derby awards.  

That said, the Concours d'Elegance events have great awards and I especially love the Dayton Concours d'Elegance awards. 


I like this idea.  However, I’m happy I have my dads ACD awards from the 50s and 60s, especially for the cars we still have.

 

Another exception would be Amelia and Pebble give out trophy’s that are works of art.  Fisher Island back in the day they were literally art.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

My mom generally has for years popped the plates of the trophies and donated them to the local boy scouts - they recycle them for Pinewood Derby awards.  

That said, the Concours d'Elegance events have great awards and I especially love the Dayton Concours d'Elegance awards. 


You have sold me on believing your mom to be world class. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
43 minutes ago, md murray said:

It looks this car is being listed for sale again. I know its just a production body but man what a special car!

I cant find it on CL. Where did you see it for sale?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, md murray said:

The listing says its on consignment to 'Classic Car Deals' but still physically located at the consignors home in NH. I wonder what parts it's actually missing/lacking to finish? 

 

A color change from "Rossa Barrett"?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, md murray said:

The listing says its on consignment to 'Classic Car Deals' but still physically located at the consignors home in NH. I wonder what parts it's actually missing/lacking to finish? 

 

I guarantee the "dealer" won't be able to tell you anything other than, "It's red."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

 

I guarantee the "dealer" won't be able to tell you anything other than, "It's red."

Matt, dont give the guy too much credit!

Everything that "dealer" (and I'm using that term loosely) has on his site is grossly overpriced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are guys that broker cars.  Ie, the see a car listing.  Copy it. Add 20-50 percent to the price.  If they get a bite , they negotiate the deal between the buyer and seller.  I am pretty sure that is what this guy does.  He used to have 1000s of adds when it was free on Craigslist.
 

 

search this forum: classic car deals, Cadillac Michigan  

 

 

 

Edited by Cadillac Fan (see edit history)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...