1930 Packard 745 2-4 passenger coupe

7 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

My mom generally has for years popped the plates of the trophies and donated them to the local boy scouts - they recycle them for Pinewood Derby awards.  

That said, the Concours d'Elegance events have great awards and I especially love the Dayton Concours d'Elegance awards. 

I like this idea.  However, I’m happy I have my dads ACD awards from the 50s and 60s, especially for the cars we still have.

Another exception would be Amelia and Pebble give out trophy’s that are works of art.  Fisher Island back in the day they were literally art.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

My mom generally has for years popped the plates of the trophies and donated them to the local boy scouts - they recycle them for Pinewood Derby awards.  

That said, the Concours d'Elegance events have great awards and I especially love the Dayton Concours d'Elegance awards. 

You have sold me on believing your mom to be world class. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
43 minutes ago, md murray said:

It looks this car is being listed for sale again. I know its just a production body but man what a special car!

I cant find it on CL. Where did you see it for sale?

16 minutes ago, md murray said:

The listing says its on consignment to 'Classic Car Deals' but still physically located at the consignors home in NH. I wonder what parts it's actually missing/lacking to finish? 

A color change from "Rossa Barrett"?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, md murray said:

The listing says its on consignment to 'Classic Car Deals' but still physically located at the consignors home in NH. I wonder what parts it's actually missing/lacking to finish? 

I guarantee the "dealer" won't be able to tell you anything other than, "It's red."

2 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

I guarantee the "dealer" won't be able to tell you anything other than, "It's red."

Matt, dont give the guy too much credit!

Everything that "dealer" (and I'm using that term loosely) has on his site is grossly overpriced.

There are guys that broker cars.  Ie, the see a car listing.  Copy it. Add 20-50 percent to the price.  If they get a bite , they negotiate the deal between the buyer and seller.  I am pretty sure that is what this guy does.  He used to have 1000s of adds when it was free on Craigslist.

search this forum: classic car deals, Cadillac Michigan  

Edited by Cadillac Fan (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, alsancle said:

This was at the Rm auction at Hershey 2021.  Sold for around 400k all in. Has real history and went to a big time collection.  I loved it so much it made me think of the coupe.

I hear you, about three weeks ago I read through this thread again completely and looked at all the pictures I could find of this car on previous websites and listings. It is a special car, but to take it to the finish line is some thing I don’t have the confidence to attempt. I wish I did.  Pull the trigger on this thing.