MochetVelo

1909 Model 10 Transmission

Could anyone explain the adjustments for the Model 10 transmission? I have no plans for it as yet. Does it use bands like the Ford T? Is it adjusted from underneath?

Phil

Benefits of AACA Membership.

I may be answering my own questions here. I've discovered the Model 10 Buick transmission does have bands like the Ford T. I assume they were originally woven cotton like Ford used. My next step is to try adjusting them. A hard push on the low or reverse pedals gets very little response, even though they worked pretty well before I towed the car home. 

Phil

My car is much later so I don’t have the answers to your questions, but this ⬇️ is an indispensable group. The site is archaic as H___ but this is where the folks with these cars hang out.

https://brassbuicks.groups.io/g/BB

You’ll have to ask for permission to join (though they accept everybody so I don’t know what that’s about).

Lots of luck

11 hours ago, Ben P. said:

The site is archaic as H___ but this is where the folks with these cars hang out.

https://brassbuicks.groups.io/g/BB

I don't know why you think it is archaic.  Frankly, it is the best site for early Buick owners to get the info and help needed to keep these cars on the road.

• Like 2

It is the best site no question. Archaic? In my mind the only thing I could compare it to is the old BBS system from right around 1992/3 except with pictures attached.

But then again, I have to go get my niece every time I get a new work phone because for the life of me I can’t get the things set up....

So maybe it was just my archaic mind trying to navigate the thing because at first it was like being bombarded with a mass email chain where I couldn’t tell the beginning from the end.

🙂

We need to see lots of pictures of this Model 10 Buick.

• Like 1

If you like, here is a picture of an original drafting drawing of the Model 10.

image000000 (14).jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I will help Larry out with this ORIGINAL Buick Motor Company drawing that I have.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

P7290348.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't get to work in a drawing. Show me a real car.