Elpad

Not exactly a garage but......

Due to Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaias, the tie beam forms were not removed, did not want any flying debris however; the storm never materialized. Looking forward to continue the project.

46747BB2-D171-4644-9423-6D76F30E3746.jpeg

Benefits of AACA Membership.

How much room between the walls out by the street. Looks tight.......not too bad driving in a small RV, but even with a 24 foot trailer, you going to need skill to get in there backwards............wide streets would help, and not too much traffic is also a plus, But rush hour backing in may be difficult. My rig is 68 foot bumper to bumper, and I am a skilled operator, But that opening looks tight. Thoughts? I understand you only have so much room...........

The narrow end is about 11’ wide and the front is about 16’ very tight but I will manage. Traffic is light on residential area. At least I can use some space compared to the unused slope that I had.

16 feet is fine........not exactly the space between the eart and the moon, but an easy margin for safety. 11 feet is tight........too tight to safely and easily back into without good help. Also depends on how often you come in and out, which probably isn’t too much. Placing a ball hitch on the front of a vehicle can give better control once the trailer is inside the parking area. I have a John Deere tractor that is a decent size with a three point hitch, and it’s fantastic to have when moving empty trailers around the yard. It moves my open trailer like it’s not even there, and moves the 34 foot tag a long with some difficulty........the 48 foot fifth wheel ........well you just need the truck to park that big thing. Maybe some shrubs in pots on top off the wall with a watering system would be a good option for a fast and easy way to make it look green. Flat tires in close proximity to the walls should be another consideration, in the event you have a tire go down. That can be a real hassle. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Ed

Ed, wished I had more room but that’s all I got! The enclosed trailer is presently parked in a friends side yard which is even tighter and when parking it, requires two person to back it in for look out due to house roof eve corners. I seldom use except Long distance car shows. I will use extra eyes once I park over here in the future leaving some space behind so I can at least open the rear ramp door. The RV is 23’ and I would be able to even open the only slide out with extra space. When the time comes I will post the parking arrangements. Hey, I can always park my Buicks there without a hassle.

Al

Coming along great Al.   May want to consider topping it of with something like this. Works great for securing nice antiques cars and teenage daughters. I do believe I saw a couple of these during my last visit to Miami.😄

Broken glass bottles cemented to the top of a brick wall. Broken glass bottles cemented to the top of a brick wall, helping to create a deterrent from people royalty free stock image

• Haha 1

Better yet Lamar. Hey, it just done to me! Dual purpose, I can decorate or landscape with a lush flowering vine that will give me the wanted height.

F8D85CCE-169C-4F8C-B0F9-2DE99CCA47F4.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)

In case you are wondering how the whole corner lot looks. The “Buick Only” two car garage is only housing the 50 Buick in progress.

83DA01DB-2DA4-488E-891A-8534B4BBF6EA.jpeg

Looking good.........keep the photos coming.    We really like to make bad comments about other peoples projects

• Like 1
  • Haha 1