SOLD! 1984 Chevrolet Corvette

Selling my 1984 Corvette. Crossfire 350  manual Doug Nash 4+3 manual transmission.  Has 4 brand new BF Goodrich g force tires and new inspection. Just installed new fuel pump, shifter boot, inner and outer window seals.  Also replaced the passenger door latch mechanism as it wasn't working properly. Has remote and alarm system. Has a removable targa top.  Buy it now and enjoy the wind in your hair!  Great purchase for midlife crisis. I have too many and this one has to go.

Did I mention that driving this is as close as most will get to driving NASCAR.  Very FAST and AMAZING handling.

It still needs minor things and I will continue to address them.  As I do, the negotiable price becomes less negotiable.

The paint is a repaint from 20+ years prior and is a 10-15 footer. Has some bubbling and a spot above the drivers headlight that has peeled off.

It is what it is.  I can take as many pictures and answer as many questions as you may ask. Make me an offer I cannot refuse and it can be yours.

Just under 79,000 miles.
I am waiting on the PA title to come back.  The COVID has everything backed up and slow.

$6500.00 OBO

Thanks for looking
Matt

50E24778-06A6-41FA-8326-10AD33147606.jpeg

84AC2FE8-7B71-45D0-8ED3-304EECA33DF3.jpeg

Edited by jackofalltrades70
Insert mileage (see edit history)

Hey Matt,

If the chin spoilers are easily removed, I'd recommend doing that. Stock cars always appeal to the largest number of people and you'd be amazed by how many guys don't understand that they're removable. Stock everyone can appreciate. Modifications shrink your potential buyer base a bit because you need to find a guy who likes it that way.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I graduated high school in 1984........got my deploma and as I came down the steps of Symphony Hall, there was a brand new red Vette sitting there. My father came over to me and said, congratulations son, you earned this new car.......and pointed it out to me. My reaction............yea.....right, who are you trying to bullsxxt? My family was laughing hard thinking the old man could pull one over on me. Besides, I didn’t want a Vette........I wanted a V-12 Cadillac Fleetwood at the time......since that day the 84 has been on my list to own, and I am sure some day, I will get one...........

I managed the Fleetwood a few years later........

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JACK M said:

Please explain the 4 plus 3 transmission.

Just a standard 4-speed manual with an added overdrive unit, like a Borg-Warner from the '40s and '50s (I think the Doug Nash 4+3 uses a Laycock unit). Basically, you can engage the overdrive via a switch on the console in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears, hence the 4+3 designation. In practice, however, nobody uses the overdrive in any gear except 4th.

• Thanks 1