1937 Chevrolet Coupe

I have the opportunity to "inherit" a '37 Chev coupe from a family member (2nd owner since the 50's) . It's a little tired but very complete, original and rust free. I have not put my eyes on the car yet, but will soon. I'd like to know before hand if this year still used wood as any part of it's structure?

Cheers, Greg

Jeez, what took you so long?😄

Thanks Chris, that was what I suspected/hoped. I agree, a great little car. I'm just returning home from a vacation in the next few days, but it looks like I'll hitch up the trailer and head right back out.

Greg

37 38 not the best year for Fords. Chrysler products from the thirties forties and early fifties were a little off, never as stylish as GM or Ford products. The independents were kind of hit or miss with good years and bad, but Packard and Studebaker generally good looking cars.

5 hours ago, Rusty_OToole said:

37 38 not the best year for Fords. Chrysler products from the thirties forties and early fifties were a little off, never as stylish as GM or Ford products. The independents were kind of hit or miss with good years and bad, but Packard and Studebaker generally good looking cars.

I wouldn't turn any of them down if someone was to give me one.  Lol.

My bias would fade when it's free.

Coupe is a coupe is a coupe.   

Although mine is only a 40 series(Special 284 engine), I still like it.  The 60 series Century with the 320 would be nice though and more rare.  Not too many 37 McLaughlin Buick coupes around anyway.

Had this thing since 1986,  time to finish it and am as we speak.   I wanted something "different" when I was looking.  A LaSalle would have been a nice find too.