Hollywood Graham

ThomasBorchers

In 1940 there were built only 2859 cars by Graham. This include the sharknose Grahams. In 1940 Graham had a brake for they auto production and a bit later they built military products. There is a lot of more to tell about this company. It is car history. You should not destroy this car to a hot rod.<P>Thomas<P>------------------<BR>Thomas Borchers<BR>Member of AACA # 004829<BR>HCCA and MAFCA

I once saw one of these cars hotrodded in the 1980's. It was chopped, painted bright sparkle green and had (everyone say it with me now) <I> a Chevy small block installed. </I> rolleyes.gif You've never seen such hostility expressed towards a car at a show. Even the other hotrodders were appalled. I never saw that car again, or could ever forget it either.<P>This is a rare and very special car. It deserves to be restored to an authentic standard as much or more than any other. It was built out of old Cord body dies. It tied the company over until the war (almost), after which the company served as much of the basis for the Kaiser/Frazer organization. The Graham Owner's Club International can be reached at GramPaige@aol.com. Their web page is: <A HREF="http://www.members.home.com/rjsill" TARGET=_blank>www.members.home.com/rjsill</A> . I highly reccommend it as a start.<P>This will be a very difficult restoration if the car is missing much. It will be worth it, however, I assure you.

There is a web site of Grahah owners on the net with names, email address and types of Grahams they own. I did see at least one Hollywood Graham listed. This might be a good source of info.<BR>The URL is <A HREF="http://members.home.net/rjsill/net.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://members.home.net/rjsill/net.htm</A> <P>If even the rodders who love to chop, dice, blow, and otherwise metemorphise classic cars all day long were appalled by the rape of the Hollywood Graham that Hal saw.. then you know it is a special car!!

Does anyone have any information about the Hollywood Graham? We are trying to figure out what to do with a 1940 HG. Restore it or hotrod it. How many were made? and what is thier history? Is there an owners assosiation? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Fred.

I am new to posting here, but I beg you to listen to me.<P>The car you are looking at is more than just an old car; it is a bona fide piece of automotive history. The body you see was made from dies originally used on the Cord 810s and 812s of 1935-37.<P>These dies traveled all over the world before disappearing in the mid-seventies. Before they did, several attempts were made to utilize them to make another car just like the Cord. All of these attempts failed. So, you see, the body of your Graham can never be duplicated. <P>The body was originally designed by Gordon Buehrig. Mr. Buehrig had originally designed the car in a competition with his fellow designers while working under Harley Earl in the Art and Colour section of GM - his argument was that it was the body of the car, not the "face", that people responded to. When his design came in dead last, Buehrig didn't despair. Instead, he took the design with him to Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg and proposed it as a styling treatment for an entry-level Duesenberg. It ultimately became the second - and last - car to bear the name Cord.<P>There is a lot more to the story - I ask you to read a little, educate yourself as to what it is you have in the palm of your hand, before you make a decision.

I am new to posting here, but I beg you to listen to me.<P>The car you are looking at is more than just an old car; it is a bona fide piece of automotive history. The body you see was made from dies originally used on the Cord 810s and 812s of 1935-37.<P>These dies traveled all over the world before disappearing in the mid-seventies. Before they did, several attempts were made to utilize them to make another car just like the Cord. All of these attempts failed. So, you see, the body of your Graham can never be duplicated. <P>The body was originally designed by Gordon Buehrig. Mr. Buehrig had originally designed the car in a competition with his fellow designers while working under Harley Earl in the Art and Colour section of GM - his argument was that it was the body of the car, not the "face", that people responded to. When his design came in dead last, Buehrig didn't despair. Instead, he took the design with him to Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg and proposed it as a styling treatment for an entry-level Duesenberg. It ultimately became the second - and last - car to bear the name Cord.<P>There is a lot more to the story - I ask you to read a little, educate yourself as to what it is you have in the palm of your hand, before you make a decision.