under dash cover? 35 Buick

Buick35

On my 1934 (virtually identical to 1935) 56S of happy memory there were holes in the bottom center section to accept one of the two available B-O-P optional radio control heads with tuning dials.  The guts and speaker were in a metal box mounted to the firewall, and flexible cables connected the control head and the box.

Plus,  I had the 'variable - wire wound' - voltage control unit mounted on one of holes under mine.     It might have operated my fan on my heater.      I think my heater was installed by a local dealer.    (?  Local ? ) .  I don't have history to tell when / where my  35-58 was built etc.    I will check with the chassis s/n to begin my search.   When I got under the panel,   I found it was not hooked to anything so its just a guess.      I need to get a new one so I can control my fan.   Fortunately,  coverting to 12 volts will make that task a bit easier.    The chrome piece under the dash is SS  so drilling into it is difficult.    Slow speed and high pressure I believe is necessary to drill thu it.   

Hi Greg,      Jay's pix show what mine looks like.    If you take a  magnet,  that will tell you if its SS.      I think the purpose for it is cosmetic and provides a nice wear surface to the pax clothes getting in and out of the car.         Use some very fine  (2000 grit) and polish it.   SS  will polish up nicely.    If you have any buffing stuff for your drill,  that works also nicely.