'48 Buick Super project

Restorer32

All wood has been disassembled and is good for patterns only. Included is much new wood, maybe 1/2 of all wood required. Wood was professionally cut using ash as original.  Car runs well and is complete including all woodie specific door handles, latches etc. but requires full restoration. Pics are problematic as the car was nosed into my garage and all the wood, both original and new is piled up on it. Car is located in South Central PA and has a good title. Asking $17500 which is less than the cost to have the new wood fabricated.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The entire chassis is intact and has never been taken apart.  It ran when it came here about 15 years ago.  Clear title.  Some rust in rockers but all in all a very solid chassis.  All the wood is disassembled and piled on the chassis in my small garage. We reproduced a complete set of wood for another car using our wood as patterns.  We intended to make 2 sets, one for our customer's car and one for mine but other projects intervened after we had maybe 1/4-1/2 of the second set of wood.  None of the original wood is useable except as patterns but a good bit of it has already been made.  To discuss further call me at 717-515-8617 any reasonable hour.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Not yet. It's a better deal than it appears.  Some of the wood is finished and we have all the custom cut slats for the roof.  If interested please phone me at 717-515-8617 any reasonable hour.  I will make you a heck of a deal.  It will be Spring before I can pull it out of my home garage, unload all the wood stacked on it and get pics.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

New new price. $5250.  No time to unload all the wood piled on it and take pics.  Take my word for it, it's very complete and very restorable.  The badly deteriorated wood body was disassembled so we could use it for patterns to replace the wood on another '48 Buick.  Much wood done but we have no time to fool with it.  Great potentially profitable project for a talented wood worker. 

e

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...