chuckfmtexas

1921 Steering Wheel parts

Posted (edited)

I put this item here to see if anyone out there would have the parts I need,  I am sure these are rare and perhaps not available but had to see.  I recently removed my steering column to have it rebuilt and had no ideal the throttle/spark advance were actually broken sitting on the wheel.  I took the photo below before I started removing the steering wheel but did not look at it and when I removed the wheel the parts fell to the floor which totally surprised me.  When I look at the photo now  I can easily see the cracks where the parts were broken and could have been that way for years. In the photo below you can see three cracks that again I did not know were there until I loosen the part from the steering wheel and everything came apart.  I bought the car 2 years ago but have not driven it much due to the difficulty in turning the wheels to the left.  I have the column back after being rebuilt by LARS and I am looking forward to putting it back in the car/  I suppose I could evaluate having the parts welded back together but thought I would ask if there are whole ones I could buy.  I will put an ad in Wanted to Buy.

Thanks for any advice or pointers one can give me.

Chuck

IMG_6331.JPG

Edited by chuckfmtexas
Added text (see edit history)

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Hi Chuck,

I have the parts you need,   quadrant, throttle lever,and spark lever.

I am on vac now, if you can wait I can gather the parts together when I get home.

John

22-6-55 Sport touring

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jbbuick22 said:

Hi Chuck,

I am on vac now, if you can wait I can gather the parts together when I get home.

John

22-6-55 Sport touring

THANKS John. Iets chat when you are home. Sent you a PM

Chuck

I have an NOS gear/lever set that is at the bottom of the steering gear if anyone is looking for one. 

On 7/19/2020 at 9:32 AM, jbbuick22 said:

Hi Chuck,

John

22-6-55 Sport touring

Hi John, are you back from vacation yet?

thanks,

Chuck Nixon

817 233 1470

chucknixon67@gmail.com