1947 Hudson Pickup-CA. Not Mine

That's probably about market for one in that shape. Mine was a bit more, but runs really good and has better paint and interior,  Of course I did all new brakes, tires, rebuilt the carbs and replaced a bunch of chrome After I got it.  I had it out today for a drive.  First time this year. 

• Like 1

Nice!  Here's the ad text and photo for reference once the ad is gone.

1947 1947 Hudson

fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: manual

1947 Hudson Pick Up. Very solid & mostly original except for a repaint in the 1950s. 6 cylinder, 3-speed manual transmission. Original interior. In storage many years. Will run but lower end is noisy. Comes with a machined block and many mechanical parts to either rebuild the existing engine or replace the block. Rare and unusual. Asking $12,500 Larry show contact 

00Z0Z_f5cHXOW1dEn_0vw0gn_1200x900.jpg

I will say for anyone looking for one of these,  chrome is very hard to find if you are looking to improve on anything you buy.  It took over a year to find 2 better headlight rings.  The ones I took off were better than most and what I put on is far from perfect.  An NOS pair went for $500 on Feebay and I think that was a buy it now as I never saw them. 

Fender lights if you want to add them are near impossible to find in good shape and very pricy when you do.  The hood chrome as well is hard to find.  The grille except the top two bars is stainless so that atleast can be found if you need it and easily polished if you know how to do stainless work. 

Hubcaps come up but again they aren't easy to find in good shape.  Even the NOS one I bought in the package was dinged scratched and had patina.

Back in the days when I entered my 1937 Dodge In local car shows, my truck and two other trucks were the only entrants in the unmodified class at a nearby show.  There was a Hudson pickup who won first place, a Crosley pickup that was awarded second place and me who took home the third place trophy.  It was a good day for the “other” brands!

I paid 16 for mine and have another 3 or so in it so for 20 ish this is about what you get.  Though I would have to get near 25 to think about selling it and I probably wouldn't sell it for that. Be sure it has nice chrome or you have a good plater and a blank check.  Chrome is very hard to come by.

Interesting that in those two photos the tutone looks alot different. 

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

• Like 1

If you really hunt.  This one was on facebook a couple of years ago for about a day for 14G  Not running and in NH.  I would have jumped on that if i didn't already have mine and was broke at the time.  From that one photos that looks like a damn nice truck.  They don't turn up like that often at that price.  Someone was a happy camper. 

66653687_2339819969607350_3688932429688471552_n.jpg

• Like 1

He moved to the Vegas area to start a new shop after being rail roaded out of where he was.  We exchanged a few emails about a week ago.  He was wondering if I still had his Cord. Seems to be doing OK,  just wanting to get back into redoing cars and build his business back up. 

• Like 1