1936 Auburn Tachometer

pughs

The tachometer in my 1936 Auburn died recently. Upon inspection, I found that the stamped metal part that has the needle shaft and spring assembly has broken. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement part or of a repair service that would be able to repair it using a correct original part? Thank you.

DSC02499-crop.thumb.JPG.c5257573ae9e41262fcb9a285d5c4b08.JPG

Perhaps put something out on the ACD page on AACA Forum too (and also on ACD Club website Forums page).  I am thinking a gauge rebuilder may be able to help or someone would have one for parts (they tend to go 350-ish plus though), but as to just knowing where repair parts are available that is not something I have ever stumbled on in 15 years of Auburn ownership.  

I would think someone could weld the part for you - perhaps a really good jeweler who is more handy than not - only really issue is getting the precision via centering 

12 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Perhaps put something out on the ACD page on AACA Forum too (and also on ACD Club website Forums page).  I am thinking a gauge rebuilder may be able to help or someone would have one for parts (they tend to go 350-ish plus though), but as to just knowing where repair parts are available that is not something I have ever stumbled on in 15 years of Auburn ownership.  

I would think someone could weld the part for you - perhaps a really good jeweler who is more handy than not - only really issue is getting the precision via centering 

John,

Thank you for your suggestion but the piece is stamped steel, it needs to be balanced which it wouldn't be with added material, the shaft needs to be in the true center,  and the shaft needs to be at an exact 90 degree angle. I have already shown it to two gauge rebuilding shops and they have said I need to find a new part or a new tach.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...