1959 Sedan deVille VIN details

Hello to all,

I am currently researching a 1959 Cadillac Sedan deVille, four window style with panoramic rear windscreen. Unfortunately the VIN plate appears to be missing, but the title reads the engine and chassis number as 117821. Is it possible to confirm the model details from this number? Any other way to identify date of dispatch, original colours, options etc?

Thanks very much and best regards,

Karl   

6 hours ago, karlosdeville said:

Hello to all,

I am currently researching a 1959 Cadillac Sedan deVille, four window style with panoramic rear windscreen. Unfortunately the VIN plate appears to be missing, but the title reads the engine and chassis number as 117821. Is it possible to confirm the model details from this number? Any other way to identify date of dispatch, original colours, options etc?

Thanks very much and best regards,

Karl   

Perhaps the number on the title is misleading, here is a number on the engine block - would this tally as the correct style and placement for the engine number? Any reference to where exactly I should look for it? Thanks!  

59.JPG

15 hours ago, 41Fleetwood said:

If you haven't already please join the National Cadillac Lasalle Club,  you can find your info there here is a link to  a color and upholstery data base  http://www.rrrclc.org/the-cadillac-color-upholstery-accessory-database-1940-1979/     You have to love Flattops ! 

Thanks so much, this is very useful. Shall also try for an authentication certificate. 

15 hours ago, 41Fleetwood said:

One interesting thing is your car was ordered with power vent (wing) windows according to the data plate

Yes luckily its still on the car, not converted to manually operated. Not a common option?